Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
How bout this...

Sign and trade with Seattle: Shammond Williams and Jerome James for Danny Fortson. Gives Seattle the inside presence they desperately need and gives the Warriors a good center and point guard.

Sonics:
C-Calvin Booth
PF-Danny Fortson
SF-Rashard Lewis
SG-Brent Barry
PG-Gary Payton

Warriors:
C-Jerome James
PF-Antawn Jamison
SF-Mike Dunleavy Jr.
SG-Jason Richardson
PG-Gilbert Arenas

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re: How bout this...

Originally posted by IMX
Sign and trade with Seattle: Shammond Williams and Jerome James for Danny Fortson. Gives Seattle the inside presence they desperately need and gives the Warriors a good center and point guard.

Sonics:
C-Calvin Booth
PF-Danny Fortson
SF-Rashard Lewis
SG-Brent Barry
PG-Gary Payton

Warriors:
C-Jerome James
PF-Antawn Jamison
SF-Mike Dunleavy Jr.
SG-Jason Richardson
PG-Gilbert Arenas

I'm sorry, I may be a Sonics fan, but I have seen enough of Danny Fortson's play to know that he is NOT an inside presence whatsoever. As a matter of fact, his contract is the last thing we need to go along with Vin Baker's huge contract. Fortson can rebound and that's about it. Bad offensively, bad defensively, and has a hefty contract. Doesn't exactly spell trade commodity, which is why I bet the Warrriors couldn't pawn him off before the draft.

However, if you wanted to switch power forwards, i.e. Baker for Fortson and short length contract cap-fillers I could see us working that out.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Originally posted by KC
What good does that do Golden State?
None-but as for the other trade idea posted by IMX-I think it would help GS a lot...but seattle would not do it.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
How about Samaki Walker and Tracy Murray for Danny Fortson? I know neither one of those names are impressive but the salaries match up and both Murray's and Walker's contracts expire after this season clearing up more room for a run at Kidd or Payton. Fortson's contract is another 4 years.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts