Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I wouldn't. This team is increadibly hot for an 8 seed and they have the potential of pulling something big in the playoffs.

I'm relatively new here, so I'm wondering what do you guys think of Denver, and do you think they can (heavan forbid) surprise us in the first round.

·
Registered
293 Posts
dknights411 I want to see a Spurs x Nuggets series in the 1st round.

Spurs matchup very well against them (even without Manu and Duncan w almost defeated them) and won´t have troubles to finish the series in 5 or 6 games.

Of course that the Nuggets are a talented team (and are playing much better than the Lakers or the Wolves) but I can´t see them winning 4 times against a healthy Spurs.

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
Although I would rather see the Lakers, meeting Denver in the first round won't have me losing sleep at night. Given, the Nuggets are much improved under George Karl, and are a good and talented team when they work together, but we match-up very well against them.

We have already seen, in a Finals series, about how much Kmart can do defensively against TD. I'm not worried about him or any of their other big men. Manu and Bruce can keep Melo from having huge and most importantly efficient games, and a TP/Dre match-up is favorable for us on the offensive side of the ball. I'm really not scared of this Denver team and am sure we could be them in 5 games.

·
Registered
256 Posts
i wouldnt mind seeing denver int he first round, they are a very improving team but still have a ways to go... i'd be more interested in who we'll be getting in the second round.

plus i'd rather see the lakers in the first round (who woulda thought i'd be going for the lakers in any situation)

·
Registered
752 Posts
I wouldn't care if we play the Nugz in the first round.
As long as it's not Houston or Memphis I'm fine with our first round opponent.
Melo always plays **** against Bruce, He must be something like 25% from the field in his career against the Spurs. Now that we have Nazr even if Nene is back come playoff time their big men rotation can't match ours.
At every position except maybe the center slot we are better, starters and role players. And we have the best coaching (Karl is excellent but Pop leads this team for a long time now so he can put some more / better suited strategies on the table). We also have better team chemistry / confidence.
We might sweep them and I can't see the Nuggets taking more than 1 against the Spurs.

11,213 Posts
DaBobZ said:
I wouldn't care if we play the Nugz in the first round.
As long as it's not Houston or Memphis I'm fine with our first round opponent.
Melo always plays **** against Bruce, He must be something like 25% from the field in his career against the Spurs. Now that we have Nazr even if Nene is back come playoff time their big men rotation can't match ours.
At every position except maybe the center slot we are better, starters and role players. And we have the best coaching (Karl is excellent but Pop leads this team for a long time now so he can put some more / better suited strategies on the table). We also have better team chemistry / confidence.
We might sweep them and I can't see the Nuggets taking more than 1 against the Spurs.
But would you rather sweep the Nuggets or the Lakers? :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Ehh, I'm not too worried about Denver. They are playing some good basketball right now and have some good talent, but I think our defense would hurt their chances dramatically. I'm not sold on their jump-shooting ability, nor am I sold on their bench. Boykins and Nene are plus reserves, but that's about it.

·
Registered
752 Posts
ezealen said:
But would you rather sweep the Nuggets or the Lakers? :biggrin:
At this point the Lakers are out of it.
I don't care about sweeping those Lakers. The feeling would be nowhere near when we swept them in 99 or when we eliminated them out in 03.

·
Registered
793 Posts
What's better than faceing a team where "the wannabe go to guy" can be covered by Bruce Bowen... I mean Carmelo will shoot something like 25-30 shots per game in playoffs no matter how succesfull he'll be by doing that- and that's no way to win against Spurs imo...
Nuggets should be a piece of cake

·
Registered
657 Posts
George karl has already made some sign ificant cha

·
Registered
657 Posts
George karl has already made some significant changes in Denver . For instance Anthony in the last game scored 21 pts with an unusual 6/9 fg ! Ok Denver played the clippers , which are not especially renowned for their defense , but still , I look forward to seeing what denver will do in the next few games. Karl stated that according to him Anthony was a better player than Lebron near the basket . If Anthony take less threes and improves as a whole his shoot selection , beating the Nuggets won't be a cakewalk . They underachieved so far , but they still have enough good players to finish hard and be a tough game in the first round .

Nothing to be afraid of right now though . We just need to keep our eyes open .

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
im not scared of nugz i think we can win in 5 or 6 but i would rather sweep the lakers or repeat sweeping the grizz last yr(i want to sweep lakers more :biggrin: )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts