Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
....Sheed and Bonzi for SAR, Ratliff, Dickau, and Memphis' 1st Rounder at the beginning of the season?

I'm wondering if this second trade made the 1st (Bonzi/Person, etc.) one a little more palatable for some?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
No, it looks too much like a lateral move to me. Well, I would trade Bonz for a loaf of bread, but the Sheed part is what bothers me. That sig of yours is depressing. :sigh:

Being the Atlanta Blazer man maybe you can give us some insight on SAR and Theo? I don't get to see too many Hawks games.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>Goldmember</b>!
I don't get to see too many Hawks games.
Nobody does. ;)

If Theo can continue to stay healthy, he'll be an asset(leads the league in blocks). SAR is the consummate good citizen and nice player - nice mid-range jump shot, but not a great defensive player, kind of a "tweener" SF/PF.

It'll be interesting to see what the new starting lineup will be, and how DD and Miles "accept" the new guys. ;)

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
this sucks.

nash has gotten rid of all my favourite players from the last year's team in less than 8 months... I admit he had good reasons for doing this (sabas and pip were old, broken and expensive, bonzi had other problems and sheed wasn't(?) coming back), but they're still all gone... I'll continue to root for the blazers, but it's not the same team anymore.

Hawks are only 5 games behind the 8th seed in the east. And they have plenty of room in their bandwagon...

Hawks to the playoffs, woohoo...

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!
....Sheed and Bonzi for SAR, Ratliff, Dickau, and Memphis' 1st Rounder at the beginning of the season?
How about Sheed + Bonzi + McInnis + Boomtje

for SAR, Ratliff, Dickau, and Memphis' 1st Rounder ?

Don't forget McInnis and Boomtje

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Re: Would You Have Traded........

Originally posted by <b>Trader Bob</b>!

for SAR, Ratliff, Dickau, and Memphis' 1st Rounder ?

Don't forget McInnis and Boomtje
Details, details! :rofl: *blush*

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
actually it should have been....

for SAR, Darius Miles, Ratliff, Dickau, and Memphis' 1st Rounder ?

I forgot Darius :eek:

Sounds much better... works for me :rock:

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I like the trade. We cut three players (Sheed, Bonzi and McInnis) who are cancer in the lockroom and received talent and good contracts back. Miles, Rahim and Ratliff all have short term contracts and we have options if they work out with us. I'm sick of bad guys that underachieve like JR and Sheed. Give me a guy who works hard and over achieves any day. I'll be buying tickets for the first time in two years.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!
No way. We give up the best player (Rasheed) and the third-best (Wells) in the deal. Especially at the beginning of the season, when Ratliff's health was even more questionable than it is now and Bonzi was looking awesome coming out of camp.

I'm wondering if this second trade made the 1st (Bonzi/Person, etc.) one a little more palatable for some?
Absolutely. Person being used as a trade chip, rather than just an expiring contract, makes me feel like we got more value out of Bonzi than I'd feared we were going to... it was looking until yesterday like it was going to be a low-20's pick for Bonzi, but now it's something closer to that pick + Theo (assuming Rasheed and SAR are at close to the same value level, which is reasonable I think), which is much better.

Ed O.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts