Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Theo Ratliff for Aaron McKie and Todd MacCullough.

You give up your potential starting center, if healthy, but get a decent one in McCullough back to go with Mohammed.More importantly , you get a perfect, I mean perfect, complement to your small guards. McKie plays both guard positions selflessly, can shoot, rebound, pass and is a fine defender. He is still in his prime, but has had some injuries.He was NBA 6th man of the year in 2000-2001.

Giving up a center, albeit and injury prone one, is alot, but the bait would be real .

The 76ers would go back to a more active defense, their winning signature, and Salmons and Buckner would be a less good McKie. Dalembert and Coleman would back-up Ratliff.

Like it?Hate it? It works under the cap after Oct. 8th.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
I wouldn't do it. McKie is SEVERLY over-paid, just like 3/4 of our roster... we don't need another over-paid, under-achiever.

Theo is a risk, but he's a risk worth taking. He is the PREMIERE shot blocker in the league (NO, not Big Ben who let the whole frickin' Argentina team dunk on him at the Worlds).

All we REALLY need at the SG spot is a guy who is a role player, we don't need any more scorers just a defender and a rebounder. (AKA Ira Newble)

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
jeeze

as both a sixer and hawk fan this is a tough choice.

From the HAwks perspective, your getting TOdd Mac who is defintely a decent center, and aaron mckie who can fufill the open 2g slot this year, because of demarr. Theo is a gamble , but I would probably take a healthy theo over Todd and Aaron.

From the sixers view, Aaron is our 2nd or 3rd scoring option, and when ALlen is injured, we need Aaron, Todd is someone who can fill a position, but i believe Dalembert is mroe of a future then Todd. Just my opinion tho.

Its a pretty even trade but a big gamble overall.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
I'd take Theo. Pretty fair trade, though. I just think Theo is more athletic and has the potential to be the next Mutumbo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts