Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say there's a prize of $2 million at the end, so they actually play hard. But mostly it'd be for bragging rights. The big sponsors could have their endorsers representing their brand, so they'd put up cash incentives to their guys if they win. Id like to see

Tmac vs LeBron
Kobe vs Wade
Shaq vs Duncan
or Garnett vs Duncan

etc

name some matchups

I'd buy tickets to this. It would be a lot of fun.

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
Big man matchups would be boring, but any combos of flashy guards would be exciting.

TMac v. Kobe
Kobe v. Lebron
TMac v. Wade
Allen v. Kobe
etc.....

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I'd probably watch it on TV. That might be a nice thing to have at all-star weekend.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
I agree, the big man thing would be boring. KG could be good, but shaq or duncan...I don't know. They're good players but not the most entertaining for one on one play

It'd be nice, but I doubt players would want to do it. As was said, a main motivation would be bragging rights, but people aren't going to want to be on the wrong end of that.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Allen Iverson vs Stephon Marbury would be fun to watch

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
How about the two last Rookie of the Year winners?

Amare vs. James

Now let me tell you... I'd pay to see that!

Though Pavel vs. Ha might be just as entertaining. :biggrin:

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Has to be a guard or wing 1on1. And this one is easy; Wade v. Kobe, by far the most exciting I can think of. No one has their combination of flash, creativity, and body control in the NBA. AI is close.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
EHL said:
Has to be a guard or wing 1on1. And this one is easy; Wade v. Kobe, by far the most exciting I can think of. No one has their combination of flash, creativity, and body control in the NBA. AI is close.
T-mac has as much body control as all of those player

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
The guys I'd want to see in this would be....

Kobe Bryant
LeBron James
Tracy McGrady
Allen Iverson
Jason Richardson
Ray Allen
Vince Carter
Paul Pierce

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
farhan007 said:
T-mac has as much body control as all of those player
Nah, I'd say both Wade and Kobe are a full level above him in body control. Tmac's mostly a great jump shooter who makes just enough FTs to be a great scorer, whereas Kobe and Wade pressure the D more by attacking and drawing fouls, And1's, etc.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
EHL said:
Nah, I'd say both Wade and Kobe are a full level above him in body control. Tmac's mostly a great jump shooter who makes just enough FTs to be a great scorer, whereas Kobe and Wade pressure the D more by attacking and drawing fouls, And1's, etc.
It's also the best matchup because Kobe and Wade are both really good lockdown defenders. Kobe would beat pretty much everyone though, there isn't anyone with his combination of outside shooting, creativity and aggressiveness attacking the hoop, and ball handling.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
EHL said:
umm... you dont watch t-mac play do ypu??? T-mac has had his fair share of highlights this season. 360 layup and dunk.... T-mac has just as much body control and flashyness as kobe an Wad.e Please dont be a Mcgrady hater... watch a few games... Sure when he is hot he will take jumpshots... SO will kobe

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
It's also worth pointing out that one on one matchups are virtually meaningless. It's such a different dynamic than a 5 on 5 game, that very little value can be placed in them.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
id want to see some Point Guards in there...ala Rafer Alston/TP/Starbury...to pull some of his And 1 stuff.. i think it would be a lot of fun..and yes id pay to watch that...

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
farhan007 said:
umm... you dont watch t-mac play do ypu??? T-mac has had his fair share of highlights this season. 360 layup and dunk.... T-mac has just as much body control and flashyness as kobe an Wad.e Please dont be a Mcgrady hater... watch a few games... Sure when he is hot he will take jumpshots... SO will kobe
Nope, not really. Pretty much everyone agrees that Wade and Kobe drive and draw fouls far more often than Tmac. It's not a hard concept to understand. Take a look at their FTAPG this season.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
EHL said:
Nope, not really. Pretty much everyone agrees that Wade and Kobe drive and draw fouls far more often than Tmac. It's not a hard concept to understand. Take a look at their FTAPG this season.
doesnt mean t-mac has less talent or body control... all it means he is a better shooter

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
farhan007 said:
doesnt mean t-mac has less talent or body control... all it means he is a better shooter
T-mac has good body control but i have not seen two players take weird off balance shots and layups and swish them like Kobe and wade in a long time. Kobe can shoot off balance shots with his body looking twisted and still swish it. Wade also hits these crazy layups, i think Kobe would beat wade though in a one on one, although it will be a close matchup.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts