Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cousin and I are in a 10-team fantasy football league. Everyone put $20 in the league. First place gets $120. 2nd place gets $60. 3rd place gets their $20 back.

I told him I would rather the 49ers win the Super Bowl than win my fantasy league (even if it meant $120). He thinks I'm crazy and that nobody would agree with me. Which would you rather have happen given the circumstances?

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
If it were $120, the answer would easily be the Bucs winning the Super Bowl for me. But I'm in a fantasy league with a $10K prize for 1st place overall. Sorry Mr. Schiano, I'm taking the money in that one.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Super Bowl easily.

Only way, is if it was some big prize of money.

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
Since I live in Canada so my closest team is Buffalo, I'd take any sort of money. Unless I win more money from betting on the games or prop betting.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Since I live in Canada so my closest team is Buffalo, I'd take any sort of money. Unless I win more money from betting on the games or prop betting.
How bout Toronto Argonauts winning the Grey Cup?

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
super bowl and not even close.. although in 96 the packers won the super bowl and i won my fantasy league it was basically a gigantic football orgasm for me

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
The Falcons are a very distant third behind my Lakers and Dawgs but this is still the superbowl easily. Anyone who says anything different is either a nerd or better be getting four figures back.

·
KVBL Champion
7,108 Posts
How bout Toronto Argonauts winning the Grey Cup?
They are in an 8 team league where 6 teams make the playoffs. They'll probably win 30 more times in my lifetime. Money.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
lol. I knew it was small but damn. Was joking anyhow.

·
Premium Member
21,879 Posts
Meh, I've seen the Packers win the Super Bowl a few times. It's great, but I'm in hobojoe's spot I'd way rather have the money. A $20.00 loss or the Packers winning the Super Bowl? Sure, that's an easy decision. But I'd rather have an extra couple hundred dollars (aka new brakes or new laptop or half the money for plane tickets to Ireland or a few months of rent, etc.)

I think it would be different if I rooted for a starved fan base, but it's just not the case.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Seems like most are taking the Super Bowl without thinking too much. This raises some interesting follow up questions. What's your price tag? How much will it take for you to take the money over your team winning a title? How about in other sports?

Some would probably call me crazy, but if you ask me right now whether I want $5,000 cash or an FSU BCS title I'm taking the title.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
I love the Panthers, but for the right price I'd root for the mother****ing Cowboys. It'd have be more than just a couple thousand though, even though that would be a significant amount of money to me just like it would be for most. I never do fantasy sports for exactly these reasons. I quit doing brackets because I didn't enjoy rooting for them and I don't want to think about shit like this instead of enjoying a game.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Would have to be at least a couple thousand for me to take the money over the Raiders.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I won $500 in my fantasy league last year and still would have taken a Super Bowl without question. I don't know what my number would be to favor a fantasy win over a Superbowl, but it would have to be a LOT more than that.

·
Registered
19,468 Posts
How much money would it take for you to turn against your home team?

Good question. I guess it'd depend on my situation. Like if I was being sued, I'd take the money to make it go away over a SB win. If my car was towed, I'd take the money. If my laptop broke, I'd probably take the laptop. If my Xbox broke, I'd probably go with the SB.

I'm confident enough in the current regime.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Ooohh that's a tough decision!

I'd take the Super Bowl though just because the Redskins have never been a serious contender during my 15 years as a fan

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
super bowl and not even close.. although in 96 the packers won the super bowl and i won my fantasy league it was basically a gigantic football orgasm for me
Ahhh, I finished second to the Vick/Foster juggernaut in 2010 by 4.22 points. That would have been awesome.

I'd rather the Pack win the Super Bowl than win my fantasy league, but I'd probably trade any lesser achievements for a fantasy title.

·
Come At Me Bro
6,946 Posts
Super Bowl, without a doubt. Would take at least 5k for me to even start to blink.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts