Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should make it easier for people with those small lineup questions to post.. Here's mine..

Would you rather have a WR set of Randy Moss, Joe Horn, and Larry Fitzgerald or a WR set of Darrell Jackson, Andre Johnson, Lavoraneous Coles

·
Registered
416 Posts
tough question,

The first set I like because of Randy Moss (1400yds 14 TD's let's say) of course and I think Arizona will have to force feed Larry Fitz the ball to validate taking him #2 in last years draft and because of the Boldin injury (850 yrd 6-7 TD's would be a very nice rookie year). Joe Horn though I think will be overtaken by Donte Stallworth (who's finally totally heathly and looking very good in camp and preseason) as the #1 WR in New Orleans and I just don't think he'll be the top 10 WR he used to be (700 5 TD's).

The second set from top to bottom I feel is much safer and all are on a similar level. Laverneous Coles is one of my favorite players, he's such a warrior playing though pain, and being able to produce with seemingly a new coach and QB every year (4 QB's 4 coaches in 4 years and he still put up very good #'s). But he has a heel and toe problem that hurt "only when he makes cuts" which is something to worry about with WR's of course. Darrell Jackson dispite having a bad condition of drops last year will be very productive in that Seattle offense. With S Alex keeping defenses honest, and Koren Robinson not stepping up and using his abilities like he should, I feel Darrell jackson's season last year was not a fluke and will do even better this year. I'm not as high on Andre Johnson as many other people, yes he's 6'3 with sprinter speed, yes he's on an improving offense, I just think he won't be as good in his 2nd year as other think.

With that being said I like them both, but I think the 2nd group as a whole will outproduce the 1st but it'll be close. Then again you can't pass on Randy Moss but Horn and Fitz I feel are questionmarks.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice post. Andre Johnson is in for a HUGE seasom I'm hoping, and I'm also expecting solid numbers from Coles and Jackson.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts