Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well not exactly 3's but long range? I'm not say he shouldn't shoot at long range at all but I would rather have him stay in the post and take advantage of his huge size to try and get offensive/defensive boards.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I think the Rockets would like him to shoot long range sometimes during the game just to bring the opposing center out of the lane and open up lanes for Francis, Mobley.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>SikHandlez24</b>!
I think the Rockets would like him to shoot long range sometimes during the game just to bring the opposing center out of the lane and open up lanes for Francis, Mobley.
but both Francis and Mobley and Griffin all shoot 3's and God only knows they can't make em all in so why not have Yao stay in the middle and take advantage of his 7'5" likeness and grab the offensive boards. Doing this he'll have to really gain some muscle. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by <b>MightyReds2020</b>!
People are overwhelmed with Yao's offensive ability, whether good or bad. I said Yao should focus on his defensive games first!
of course. That applies to everyone that's new to the league.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yao should shoot...

Sabonis had great success against Shaq because he was able to shoot the 3. Shaq didn't like to come out that far, so either Sabonis had open 3s or it opened the lane up for someone else. I'm not saying Ming will help the Rockets to beat the Lakers, but he'll help them beat the other big centers in the league once Ming's a few years older and Shaq's gone.

·
Registered
152 Posts
yeah he should shoot threes. i think it's a crime when a guy can shoot from outside but he never gets a chance. that really pisses me off.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think it depends on who they're playing and what his teammates are going to be doing. If francis or mobley is going to be penetrating then I want him outside - maybe not the three point line but the elbow or the top of the key where he can be open for a jumper if the defense collapses on the drive. I'd also like him drawing out Shaq or any other center that won't want to follow him until they post a defensive switch.

If his teammates aren't driving as much because of fatigue or the defense or if he's matched up with a smaller defender (bulkwise - they're all going to be shorter) I'd want him on the low block where he could grab a rebound, score from the post, or toss it out of a double team for an open 3.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts