Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jay Williams, former Bulls and Duke PG ??

I ask this because I've always loved his game and as a motorcycle rider I sympathize with his unfortunate accident.

Kupchak rarely takes chances on players but I'd like to see them bring him in with some kind of incentive-packed contract.

·
Pacman & Mamba
2,558 Posts
Is he 100% recovered from the accident?

I don't have a problem with him signing a 1 year contract just to see how well he plays.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Hell yes I would. He might be better than every single PG in the draft. If he can still play, we could use our pick on a big man and sign Jay-Will and someone else with our MLE.

Although, I'd still rather get Felton or Williams with the pick and then sign either Chandler or Brown.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ghiman said:
Is he 100% recovered from the accident?

I don't have a problem with him signing a 1 year contract just to see how well he plays.

He was calling the McDonalds All-American game and they asked him how his rehab was going. He said everything was going well.

Plus, Coach K guaranteed he would play in the NBA again. I'm not a Duke fan but I trust what Coach K says.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
cmd34 said:
He was calling the McDonalds All-American game and they asked him how his rehab was going. He said everything was going well.

Plus, Coach K guaranteed he would play in the NBA again. I'm not a Duke fan but I trust what Coach K says.
Well, Coach K really doesn't know anything about the pros. I'm pretty sure he just meant that if Williams is healthy, he is talented enough to play in the NBA.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Coach K was refering more to the heart of Williams. Plus, he had seen him on the court working out with the current Duke players.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I wouldnt want to spend alot of money on him but it could really go both ways

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Definitely, but not for any more than $2 million for 1 season. If he proved he could still play at the NBA level I'd re-sign him long-term, but I would imagine he'd go to the highest bidder willing to take a chance on him.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
How about inviting the guy to training camp or something? Then make a decision based on his performances in the preseason.

·
Banned
662 Posts
Sign him, we need a PG so bad, just a small contract, 1 year, give it a chance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts