Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly, I'm not thrilled with this draft. At least not the top 10 picks. There's nobody in there that gets me excited. I like Gerald Green, but I'm tired of projects.

Would you guys trade the 5th pick to Denver for their 20 and 21?

I would take Rudy Fernandez and Ronny Turiaf (to get Zagsfan off our back) and then with the 35th I would take Nate Robinson.

There are a couple other teams with two picks in the first round. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I wouldn't do that. Gerald Green will probably dwarf both of those guys in his career. And I'm also sick of people saying Green is a project, no he isn't. Travis Outlaw was a project, Ha Suein Jin was a project, Gerald Green is not. He already knows how to do MOST things out on the floor. All Travis could do when he was drafted was slash and be athletic. Gerald Green can do that and can shoot with the best of them and handle the ball very well. That's not a project at all. He's at least going to have the success J.R. Smith has had in his first year which is pretty good for a kid that young. I'm not very intrigued by too many prospects this year either, Bogut and Gerald Green are the only ones that really do it for me.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
keep the pick I hope we could land Bogut somehow

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, the 20 and 21 aren't very much, but do you think Toronto would give up the 9th and 15th?

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
I agree compleetly. Green and Bogut are what I want. If we can not get those two then I would consider trading down, but if those are available I think you snag them. Only thing left in my mind is who I would take first, bogut or green.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Anyone else here tired of drafting at 20? Seems like forever. (I know, last year, but 13 isn't 4 or 5) Now that we're in the lottery, let's stay in it and get the guy we want instead of having our decision based off everyone else.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I think that Fernandez and Green are equal in the question mark realm.

Based on heresay....

Green is taller and more athletic, but Rudy is more proven at this point.

Rudy is a better distributor of the ball, but Green has better defensive tools.

All in all Portland IMO needs to go for the home run, the player that has teh ability to be the better player...In that Case IMO that player is Green.

I'm sure Rudy will be a contributor in the league but I don't think he will have the charactersitics to be a start calibre player. Green does have the tools, but he lacks teh experience and polish that Rudy has...right now.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
i want to keep our #5 and trade or buy other picks like we did last year.

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
If the Blazers could package their pick with a player, say DA, and trade for a talented, experienced SG, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Trading down for multiple lower picks doesn't excite me at all. Just how many prospects can any one franchise develop anyway?

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
NateBishop3 said:
well, the 20 and 21 aren't very much, but do you think Toronto would give up the 9th and 15th?
I think I would. We could draft Chris Taft at 9 and Antoine Wright at 15.... :drool:

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
NateBishop3 said:
I bet they would if you threw in Derek Anderson! :biggrin:

Oh I see e_blazer1 beat me to the punch line! Oh well, great minds think a like! :banana:

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
I wouldn't trade down for multiple picks, but I would trade down for one lower pick and a good SG already established in the NBA in a heartbeat.

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
MAS RipCity said:
I think I would. We could draft Chris Taft at 9 and Antoine Wright at 15.... :drool:

Depending on who all declares, that wouldn't be a bad idea. The Nets made that strategy work, picking up Jefferson and Collins for Eddie Griffen. I bet Houston would take that deal back in a heartbeat!

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
faygo34 said:
nobody likes marvin williams? or are we expecting not to get him so we dont even mention him?
that bandwagon left the station earlier in the week, because he didn't have 50 points and 25 rebounds in the last 2 games.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Hap said:
that bandwagon left the station earlier in the week, because he didn't have 50 points and 25 rebounds in the last 2 games.
Yea, really....

I still think that Marvin is the best overall player in the draft. I also think that he would be an easily marketable player in the sense that if we drafted him, their would be a lot of people interested in giving up alot for him....

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
e_blazer1 said:
If the Blazers could package their pick with a player, say DA, and trade for a talented, experienced SG, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Trading down for multiple lower picks doesn't excite me at all. Just how many prospects can any one franchise develop anyway?
I think thats a possibility, but if we packaged our pick with DA, I would want a solid SG and another mid level pick so we could get Rudy Fernandez....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts