Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tyrone Hill, Lamond Murray, and Chris Mihm to Portland for
Damon Stoudemire and Zach Randolph?

Cavs get rid of 2 whiners and an underacheiver, and get a veteran PG and another young PF.

Portland gets rid of Stoudemire and his contract, and get more help at PF so they can move fat-azz Kemp to center, with Lamond fighting for minutes with aging Pippen, young Qyntel Woods, and Rueben Patterson (who they might try to trade too).

It works in RealGM.

This is Hills last year on his mega-contract, Lamond has 3 left, and Mihm has 2 left on his rookie contract.

Stoudemire has 2 left on his mega-big contract, Zach has 3 left of his rookie contract.

I would do it, because I still think Damon would be ok running and gunning with Davis, Dajaun, Darius... the 4 deadly D's. Up-tempo games is what it sounds like management wants. Lucas needs someone with experience to bring up the ball, Tyrone and Lamond want out, and Mihm is just a lost puppy. Plus, let Zach and Boozer battle for minutes at PF.

Portland wanted to get bigger in the backcourt (Daniels and McInnis), which means adios Damon. He'll be pissed to leave home area, but he doesn't have much say in the matter.

There are certainly other teams that could use Stoudemire, I'm just hoping for ways for Clev to dump some malcontents and pick up a PG so we don't totally suck this year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'd do that trade. Hill and Murray don't want to be here, and Mihm doesn't fit the direction we are going. Stoudamire won't be happy, but Randolph has potential. We might as well go all the way with the rebuilding (kinda like the Indians are) instead of hanging in between.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
absolutely no way I would ever want Stoudamires contract. He is making something like 11 million per year and isn't worth a third of that much.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
For that matter Portland has about 13 guys under contract, I don't believe that they would want to do a 2 for 3 deal. Although, they are pretty desperate to get rid of shoot first gunner Stoudamire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts