Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently, we've made him available along with Melvin Ely...

I've heard the talks of Fizer becoming a Clipper, and I'm all for that, I think he fits our team nicely.

Ely isn't needed and I think he'll be a good player somewhere else...

Jaric I think is a talented player, he can play the 1, 2 or 3, hit 3s, and he's very good on the defensive end.

I actually think he would be a better player coming off the bench and playing more 2 and 3 as opposed to being a starting PG.

Question is if a deal does go down, would you want Jaric?

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
What are the Fizer/Clipper rumors? That surprises me since you have Brand and Wilcox. As for your question I do like Jaric and would be interested in him.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
By all means, sure. I think Jaric is a very talented player and could start for a team. He can offer some quality minutes at the 1, 2 and 3. He definitely can do more for this team than Fizer is doing for us on the bench. Wasn't he a part of that team that beat the US basketball team with Peja and Vlade?

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by <b>sp00k</b>!
By all means, sure. I think Jaric is a very talented player and could start for a team. He can offer some quality minutes at the 1, 2 and 3. He definitely can do more for this team than Fizer is doing for us on the bench. Wasn't he a part of that team that beat the US basketball team with Peja and Vlade?
Yes, he was the starting PG and reason Milos Vujanic came off the bench...

Fizer for Ely and Jaric is a hell no...

You're talking about a starting player in the league and a still young backup C...

If this were the Fizer of last year, maybe just maybe that would be a possibility.

I wish we could get Dooling out of town....

Right now I know we're trying to get some expiring contracts so it wouldn't surprise me to see one of these players sent to Charlotte.

Yes we are making a run at Kobe and yes Sterling will pay him whatever he has to...

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>ace20004u</b>!
I like Jaric a lot. I'd definitley take him off of the Clips hands.
I like him too Ace, always have....

Someone started a thread a couple weeks ago on one of the boards saying they felt he was a potential DPOY winner, and well he won't win it, but he can really get after it at the defensive end.

I don't think he's the answer at PG for the Clips, but I think he fits with the Bulls just for his D, versatility and outside game.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>arenas809</b>!

Yes, he was the starting PG and reason Milos Vujanic came off the bench...

Fizer for Ely and Jaric is a hell no...

You're talking about a starting player in the league and a still young backup C...

If this were the Fizer of last year, maybe just maybe that would be a possibility.

I wish we could get Dooling out of town....

Right now I know we're trying to get some expiring contracts so it wouldn't surprise me to see one of these players sent to Charlotte.

Yes we are making a run at Kobe and yes Sterling will pay him whatever he has to...
I like Jaric,but if its JC going to Clips then its gotta be at least Q.

what kind of deal r u expecting.Bulls don't have much to give except the C's and Jaric is not worth that.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by <b>bullet</b>!

I like Jaric,but if its JC going to Clips then its gotta be at least Q.

what kind of deal r u expecting.Bulls don't have much to give except the C's and Jaric is not worth that.
Who said anything about JC going to the Clips?

If JC becomes a Clipper, it will be in the offseason, we don't need to trade for him, we can sign him....

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts

If JC becomes a Clipper, it will be in the offseason, we don't need to trade for him, we can sign him....
Would the Clips be interested in Fizer for Jaric?

·
Registered
8,438 Posts

Arenas, some guy we hadn't heard of before posted a JCraw for Q rumor on the board this weekend. That's where this is coming from.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
If this trade is available Pax is an absolute fool if he doesn't do it.

I can't imagine that it is though. Why would the Clips give up their only real PG? If anything they have to be looking for a point... trading Jaric for Fizer would just set them further back.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Tom</b>!
jaric has talent, but no heart. Pass on him.
Out of curiousity, what makes you say this? I catch next to no Clipper games, but occasionally catch highlights and read the paper, so I wouldn't know any better.

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
His day to day effort in games is Poor at best...i don't think the bulls need anymore followers...they need a leader.:yes:

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by <b>Tom</b>!
His day to day effort in games is Poor at best...i don't think the bulls need anymore followers...they need a leader.:yes:
Hmm...

You sure you watch Clips games?

Also please lets use our brains...

Anyone reporting a Q for JC deal is beyond idiotic...

Why would we trade for a guy that we can sign in the offseason?

We want Q (if Kobe signs elsewhere), but there's no guarantee of that so we're not going to get rid of him.

Also in case you haven't noticed, Q is having a breakout year.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Clippers: Should Marcus Fizer stay in Los Angeles after the Bulls play the Clippers on Tuesday? The agent for the little-used forward has been talking to teams about a trade, reportedly with the Bulls' permission.

The Clippers believe they have a chance to sign Kobe Bryant when he becomes a free agent this summer and are looking to clear salary-cap space with expiring contracts. Though owner Donald Sterling often is criticized for not spending money, associates say he'll spend it for a star, especially a Laker such as Bryant. And Fizer becomes a free agent after the season.

One player the Clippers are trying to deal is 6-foot-11-inch Melvin Ely, who has fallen out of the rotation and has played in only one of the last five games. "Right now, Mel's not a guy who is in the top of the rotation," coach Mike Dunleavy said. "We have [Elton] Brand, [Chris] Kaman, [Chris] Wilcox and [Peja] Drobnjak."

Said Ely: "A change of venue for me wouldn't matter. I'm not going to just accept that I'm in the league and I get paid a whole lot of money and be fine with that. I'm trying to be the best at my position."

You've got to like an NBA guy who says "change of venue." The Harvey native could be a good tandem with Eddy Curry, also of Harvey. The Clippers also are said to be willing to part with combo guard Marko Jaric, who has another year on his deal. The Clippers also have been talking to the Hornets about taking on the expiring contracts of Bryce Drew and Stacey Augmon.

Seems this is where all this Fizer/Jaric/Ely talk is coming from. This is was in the tribune today. Clips want capspace, hence the possible desire for Fizer. JC/Fizer for Jaric/Ely is not a bad deal.

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!

Seems this is where all this Fizer/Jaric/Ely talk is coming from. This is was in the tribune today. Clips want capspace, hence the possible desire for Fizer. JC/Fizer for Jaric/Ely is not a bad deal.
I want JC on the Clips, and I know there is some interest in him in Clipperland...

If we can't get Kobe, we'll sign JC and Q, if we can get enough cap room (we already have a ton), I'm sure we could sign JC and Kobe...

JC
Kobe
Mags
Brand
Kaman

(drooling)

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!

Why would we trade them Crawford and Fizer if we can just trade them Fizer???

Look at what the Hornets are reportedly offering- Bryce Drew and Stacey Augmon. Hell, Fizer by himself tops that. If they really want a PG then we could always send them Brunson... he's certainly no worse than Drew.

The whole point, again, is to get better... take advantage of another team... not give them more than we get.

We get Jaric and keep Crawford and we've solidified our rotation pretty nicely. Jaric can play the 2 or 3 in a lot of situations. He'll help. But acquiring him and trading Crawford is a net loss.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
Well the way I looked at it was Ely is better than Fizer so we upgraded there and JC is better than Jaric so they upgraded there. Seems like an even switch. If we are losing JC anyways why not get a solid player like Jaric. That is about the best we could get from him IMO. Not saying Jaric solves our problems or anything but he is a nice player that needs to play the 2/3 instead of PG. He fits better here while JC would fit better there. But whatever you guys keep Crawford.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts