Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assuming we get a top 3 pick, would you trade our pick next year for the #1 or #2 pick? I am leaning towards yes, even though we miss out on Oden, drafting Adam Morrison and LaMarcus Aldridge would be amazing.

· Banned member
28,451 Posts
MAS RipCity said:
Assuming we get a top 3 pick, would you trade our pick next year for the #1 or #2 pick? I am leaning towards yes, even though we miss out on Oden, drafting Adam Morrison and LaMarcus Aldridge would be amazing.
how do you suggest that the team trades for the #1 or #2 pick next year, when thats a big unknown?

I suggest we trade our 2nd pick in the draft for the first pick in the 08 draft!

Do it Nash!!!!!!!111

sorry...I totally missed out on remedial english comprehension.

ignore this post.

· Registered
2,683 Posts
I think he meant to trade next year's unprotected pick for the 1st or 2nd pick in this year's draft, giving us 2 picks in the top 3 this year. I think. Tempting, but I don't think so. There may be better players available to us next year. We don't need two more rookies this year.

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Hap said:
how do you suggest that the team trades for the #1 or #2 pick next year, when thats a big unknown?

I suggest we trade our 2nd pick in the draft for the first pick in the 08 draft!

Do it Nash!!!!!!!111

sorry...I totally missed out on remedial english comprehension.

ignore this post.
I'm gonna give you some **** for this anyway. :banana:

On the real topic: HELL NO!!!!!

As far as I'm concerned picks 1 and 2 (Aldridge and Morrison) are not all that superior to picks 3 and 4 (Tyrus Thomas and Bargnani). And looking at next years draft I could very well see the 6th pick in that draft being worth the top pick in this one.

· Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is there ANY WAY possible we can move our early 2nd round pick + the Detroit pick and a guy like Miles or Jack(hate to deal him but...3's company) and move up in the mid-lottery? I'm really high on Tyrus Thomas and would love to pick him up. We could draft Ammo or LA with our 1st pick as well.

· Registered
9,747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well then we better get rid of Blake, because it is absolutely useless having Jack and Bassy not get enough minutes, as well as trying ot play 2 pgs in the same backcourt at once just to give them playing time. Blake was a surpisingly good and cheap acquisition, but he just isn't that much better if better at all then the afformentioned point guards, plus he is like 6 years older.

· Registered
5,891 Posts
i am sure blake will be traded maybe with dixon/miles

blake's stock is high right now so if trade him i think out of our 3 pgs he will bring in the most.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.