Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The AD's voted to give Albany the next two years of tourney today. Maybe a good way to keep Albany in the AE for a while.

·
Realist/A-hole
5,761 Posts
I too was hoping for a different venue in 2014. Albany is close, but that's about the only thing which I enjoyed about it. I much prefer Hartford's arena to SEFCU. Hopefully Albany does as good a job as Hartford did in regards to the fanfest.

·
Banned
6,174 Posts
Albany really ****ed up ticket sales their first year hosting. They were handing away tickets without checking ID's. It was rediculous. Let's hope they can get there act together. It's a little early to reward them with a second year. So far they are 0-1.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
I think you need to play a season in the new arena first.
Nevemind. I miscalculated. Stony Brook's arena will be ready for fall 2014 just in time for the 2014-15 season so we can't host the spring 2014 championship so its fine if it goes to Albany. I'm sure Jim Fiore will get the 2015 championship, no way he will miss out on such opportunity.

·
Premium Member
33,188 Posts
Fine.

It's drivable and since BU is moving to Patriot can give up hope that the tourney would come back to Boston. Hartford has been great last few seasons though.

That said, AE could always rent out Agganis for a true neutral site. That way at least some basketball could be played there.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I think it would be kind of cool if the team that won the championship the year before got to host the tourney the following year. For the teams that can't host the tourney based on there facilities they get to pick what other host school they wanted it at.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I was thinking Cross Insurance Center in 2014 make 'em hitch a ride to Bangor!
It will be interesting to see if the league is willing to host it in Bangor, or if they will wait for the new Red Claws arena to open in Portland (if it ever does) for Maine to have their shot. The Cross Center is going to be really, really nice.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts