Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He exploded today with a career high 36 points on 14/21 from the field, 6/10 from the 3 and 2/4 from the line. He averages on 6 games 16.2 PPG, 3.2 RPG, 3.8 APG, 51.5% from the field, 46.2% from 3pt (2 3 pointers made per game) and 1.8 TOPG.

I wish we could somehow get rid of McInnis and get him instead.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
58,028 Posts
I'm sure McInnis will have his share of big games.

I won't dump him so early.

He's really stepped up his game in a new role too.

-Petey
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Petey said:
I'm sure McInnis will have his share of big games.

I won't dump him so early.

He's really stepped up his game in a new role too.

-Petey
James is a far superior defender and a better outside shooter.
Both aren't the purest PGs in the world, but I rather have James.
 

·
Burned
Joined
·
18,772 Posts
I like Mike James, too.

However, he isn't going to be the Raps starting PG with Calderon there.

McInnis has done about the same things as James in his career, but has done somewhat better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,966 Posts
Mcinnis is a much better passer than James
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,966 Posts
ghoti said:
I like Mike James, too.

However, he isn't going to be the Raps starting PG with Calderon there.

McInnis has done about the same things as James in his career, but has done somewhat better.
he is the starting PG right now......but they were playing Mike James at SG a lot today (so they could get calderon in as well).
 

·
Burned
Joined
·
18,772 Posts
fruitcake said:
he is the starting PG right now......but they were playing Mike James at SG a lot today (so they could get calderon in as well).
Yeah. He isn't going to be the starter. Meaning that soon he won't be the starter.

He may, however, become the starting SG.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
69,618 Posts
Thats all nice and all. Glad to see he put up nice points. But its well known that James loves to shoot the rock and cant run an offense smoothly. He shot the ball 21 times, thats crazy for a dude that isnt even one of the first three offensive options on his team.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hbwoy said:
Thats all nice and all. Glad to see he put up nice points. But its well known that James loves to shoot the rock and cant run an offense smoothly. He shot the ball 21 times, thats crazy for a dude that isnt even one of the first three offensive options on his team.
Yes, but he also made 67% of his shot which is tremendous, especially for a guard. He didn't "overshoot" the ball.
Sure, James isn't a great distributor, but McInnis isn't too. While McInnis is a better PG, he makes more mistakes. I think that James can be a very pleasent addition.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
69,618 Posts
X-JAY said:
Yes, but he also made 67% of his shot which is tremendous, especially for a guard. He didn't "overshoot" the ball.
Sure, James isn't a great distributor, but McInnis isn't too. While McInnis is a better PG, he makes more mistakes. I think that James can be a very pleasent addition.
If its scoring the nets want, I dont think James is that necessary. They have enough guys who can score the ball. If its the defense, then I can see your point. The thing being Mcinnis has actually being playing pretty good defense. I guess this is just down to opinion, I'd rather have Mcinnis than James. I am pretty sure Rap fans arent too pleased with the fact that James shot the ball more than their franchise player, matter of fact he shot the ball more than any other player on the raps team in that game. Not including the 10 3's he also took in that game. Oh by the way for his career Mcinnis, is averaging 1.40 TO per game whilst James has 1.42. I even think as of last year Mcinnis was leading the league at some point in the least turnovers committed. He is normally very good with making decisions with the ball
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,166 Posts
X-JAY said:
He exploded today with a career high 36 points on 14/21 from the field, 6/10 from the 3 and 2/4 from the line. He averages on 6 games 16.2 PPG, 3.2 RPG, 3.8 APG, 51.5% from the field, 46.2% from 3pt (2 3 pointers made per game) and 1.8 TOPG.

I wish we could somehow get rid of McInnis and get him instead.
You are taking the wrong message from that career performance. The message is this: the Sonics, who the Nets play next, allowed Mike James to score 36 points on 14/21 from the field, 6/10 from the 3 and 2/4 from the line. They also allowed the Raptors to score 117 points in regulation and 121 overall. If the Raptors are able to score 117 points against ANYONE, and that anyone is about to play your team, it's a good thing...or better be.

PS Bob Weiss will be the first coach fired this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,452 Posts
Mike James is a better defender and 3 point shooter than McInnis. I'd rather have James, but with perfomances like that the Raps will keep wanting more for him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
568 Posts
James played well, but amazingly Calderon played better. The guy knows how to run an offense seriously he makes everyone better and his chemistry with Bosh, and Villanueva is just amazing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,166 Posts
Chris Bosh #4 said:
James played well, but amazingly Calderon played better. The guy knows how to run an offense seriously he makes everyone better and his chemistry with Bosh, and Villanueva is just amazing.
Not ONE of them can play defense. Rashad Lewis made Villaneuva look ill. Calderon plays Spanish League defense...Ole! Bosh is a shot blocker but he is still too thin to play any kind of positional defense. When a score is tied at 117 at the end of regulation, something is very, very wrong. And that whacky Calderon pass near the end of regulation almost cost them the game...fly though the air and throw a no-look backwards pass with less than 10 seconds left...oh yeah, genius.
 

·
Burned
Joined
·
18,772 Posts
PHeNoM Z28 said:
...and I just dropped him on one of my fantasy leagues two days ago! :curse:
Me, too. Some dope dropped Josh Smith, so I had no choice.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,860 Posts
Even in the summer, I was saying that I'd rather have Mike James than McInnis.

Regardless of what they do offensively, Mike James' defense is MUCH MUCH better. He was a key component of the Pistons' title run.

I would trade McInnis for James in a heartbeat, but unfortunately, no GM out there is dumb enough to take McInnis.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
10,662 Posts
Chris Bosh #4 said:
James played well, but amazingly Calderon played better. The guy knows how to run an offense seriously he makes everyone better and his chemistry with Bosh, and Villanueva is just amazing.
And this is coming from a raptor fan, you heard it.

This Calderon spanish guy is a very good player, the most unselfish player on the raptor team. he's a good example for a PG more like Jason Kidd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,734 Posts
Air Fly said:
And this is coming from a raptor fan, you heard it.

This Calderon spanish guy is a very good player, the most unselfish player on the raptor team. he's a good example for a PG more like Jason Kidd.

I agree about Calderon being a good player. Of course its too early to tell, and he may turn out to be "just on a lucky streak." But he shows some qualities (unselfishness) which are worth looking into. :clap: I've been impressed with his play, so far.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Dooch
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top