Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any fan at that game gives real Blazer fans bad names. NO NOISE...NEVER GOT UP AFTER BIG SHOTS...NO CHEERING.....1 chant of defense in the game....cmon Portland...you are so much better than that! Im embarrased!

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have mixed feelings here.

I agree that generally the fans should make lots of noise.

But on the other hand it was just a boring,sunday afternoon Sonics game.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nice attitude

this game was meaningless...we only are one game back of 500. but who cares and why should the fans get pupmed?

SARCASM?

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
even Musberger (of all people) was questioning where Blazer mania was??

Walton's reply was the city was trying to relate to the players like it did in the early 90's and late 70's...

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mixum</b>!
Any fan at that game gives real Blazer fans bad names. NO NOISE...NEVER GOT UP AFTER BIG SHOTS...NO CHEERING.....1 chant of defense in the game....cmon Portland...you are so much better than that! Im embarrased!
Dude, unless you were at the game, you don't really know what it sounded like in the arena.

I listened on the radio... Crowd sounded just fine to me.

The ESPN crew can make the crowd sound however they want. It could be a packed house, and they could make it sound like only 5000. Same can be true the other way around, they can make 5000 people sound like a full house.

They do have mics placed in various places around the arena for crowd noise.

Granted, I have gone to a few games recently where it was dead quiet... Most shockingly on Bill Schonley night...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
thanks

i was standing, swearing, chanting, clapping and screaming...i guess because you felt alone where you were, none of us got into it as much as you? you posted this crap on the oregon live board and never replied to me regarding your statement. i guess you "fans" are just as bad about other fans as you are to OUR team? also, who are you to judge fans as a whole?

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i mean the majority of fans

im sure you did cheer like crazy...its just too bad nobody joined you!

·
Registered
651 Posts
It was a boring game, and this Blazer team is not in our hearts, so no, no one faked cheering for a team we dont paricularly like much.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The Rose Garden is always quiet nowadays. Blazer fans don't seem to get jacked up for regular season games anymore, unless we're playing one of the big boys. But playoff time, the Garden errupts and becomes the loudest arena in basketball.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Wow, this is the first comment this year that the fans at the Rose Garden are not cheering loud enough. This subject usually comes up several times a year. I take this as a positive sign that folks are starting to embrace this team.

As to the crowd at the Rose Garden yesterday, the cheering was appropriate in light of the time of day, the Blazers having control of the game for all 4 quarters, and the crowd waiting a really long time for Ridnour to score so they could chant "Luuuuuuuuuuuuu-ke".

SB

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Saying the game on Sunday was boring is ludicrous. We scored 95, and had 3-4 INSANE lobs, had a great run in the 3rd quarter,and how can it be boring when we are playing for a playoff spot, and will ESPN please fire Bil Walton. His comments were junvenille and inappropriate.I wish PDX would burn his retied jersey.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MAS RipCity</b>!
Saying the game on Sunday was boring is ludicrous. We scored 95, and had 3-4 INSANE lobs, had a great run in the 3rd quarter,and how can it be boring when we are playing for a playoff spot, and will ESPN please fire Bil Walton. His comments were junvenille and inappropriate.I wish PDX would burn his retied jersey.
Were you there? I was, and it was a snoozer. I took a pal to the game, he hadn't been to an NBA game in 15 years, he was bored silly.

As for Walton, he's funny, and he tells the truth, especially with regard to this team. The franchise has a very big hole that it is trying to climb out of, but to pretend that everything is hunky dory in P-Town would be silly.

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MAS RipCity</b>!
I wish PDX would burn his retied jersey.
You don't know anything about the Blazers history do you.

No true Blazer fan would ever say such a thing.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Stevenson</b>!
It was a boring game, and this Blazer team is not in our hearts, so no, no one faked cheering for a team we dont paricularly like much.
don't lump me in with the rest of you heartless fakes!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts