Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That was a viscious men's evening for the AE. I would have bet on at least a double digit romp by UA being at home and having a significantly more dominating backcourt than Sacred Heart. Career game for Trim tonight who is not bad but between injuries,poor work habits,etc has never blossomed.

BingU was a tough one as well...I wouldn't expect Trimboli's Catamounts to beat Providence....but I was pleasantly suprised at how they stayed with them for a while.

At least the women's AE teams were a solid 2-0 tonight. BU beat NU by 27 and Stonybrook beat the Q by 26. Solid drubbings.

·
Registered
799 Posts
lsbal said:
That was a viscious men's evening for the AE. I would have bet on at least a double digit romp by UA being at home and having a significantly more dominating backcourt than Sacred Heart. Career game for Trim tonight who is not bad but between injuries,poor work habits,etc has never blossomed.

BingU was a tough one as well...I wouldn't expect Trimboli's Catamounts to beat Providence....but I was pleasantly suprised at how they stayed with them for a while.

At least the women's AE teams were a solid 2-0 tonight. BU beat NU by 27 and Stonybrook beat the Q by 26. Solid drubbings.

BU made NU look really bad tonight . . . . I don't know much about other schools' women's teams, but I figured NU would be a little better than that, as BU isn't stellar or anything. It was a fun game to be at though, and the crowd wasn't too bad. A couple faces painted in the crowd certainly added to the atmosphere.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
NU's women are missing two starters, including All AE and Pre Season All CAA player Maralene Zwarich and AE Rookie of the Year Shaylese Smallwood.

NU only has 7 scholarship players who are healthy, and are starting 2 freshwomen.

Suffice to say the NU women's coach won't be around long.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
He's dated Zwarich in the past. I haven't asked him about it (no, that's not meant to be a slap at you, Ginzo) recently.

They're the highest scoring couple (no pun intended) in the East.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
NU Hoop Fan said:
He's dated Zwarich in the past. I haven't asked him about it (no, that's not meant to be a slap at you, Ginzo) recently.

They're the highest scoring couple (no pun intended) in the East.
Didn't take it as a slap at me, no offense taken... and u don't slap at me, u punch :biggrin:

Seriously though, we still on for either the George Mason or Drexel games?

·
Registered
799 Posts
There was a guy tonight on the other side of the court, wearing a hat and an NU t-shirt, who looked a lot like Barea from far away. I was going to go and sit next to him, but then he got up at one point and took his hat off, and it no longer looked like Barea. Ok, lame story, but thought I'd share.

·
The Invisible Iron Fist
1,253 Posts
BU Fan 84 said:
BU made NU look really bad tonight . . . . I don't know much about other schools' women's teams, but I figured NU would be a little better than that, as BU isn't stellar or anything. It was a fun game to be at though, and the crowd wasn't too bad. A couple faces painted in the crowd certainly added to the atmosphere.
BU may not be a top 25 team, but don't look past them. They will be a tough game for any team all year. As the young players come a long, the BU women's team looks to be top 3 in the conference for sure.

Once Katie Meinhardt is healthy, this team change even more, with her and Rachel Vanderwal a the guard...of course, that's a big if. I hope we get to see her for one full season before the end of her career. :cry:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts