Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Losing to the Knicks? Is there anything more embaressing for a team that's supposed to be championship material? And only 75 points to boot?

Every Spur fan better pray for Duncan's health because they have zero chance without him on the floor.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
just like the suns sucked without nash

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
tempe85 said:
Losing to the Knicks? Is there anything more imbaressing for a team that's supposed to be championship material? And only 75 points to boot?

Every Spur fan better pray for Duncan's health because they have zero chance without him on the floor.
lol

edit: lmao, somebody gave me negative feedback for this post. Loser.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Well it was in New York, where the Knicks have won 8 of 10 (losses to Miami, Seattle). You still don't want to lose to a lower level team, but considering they were missing their MVP candidate, this one particular game is hardly the end of the world.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
Worst performance of the season for the Spurs. Absolute ****.

They played like a bunch of panzies. Nobody gave a damn besides Devin Brown practically.

Homecourt advantage for the Spurs? Nope.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
The Knicks really stepped up and took the oppurtunity to pounce on the Spurs with Manu probably rusty and Duncan out. The Spurs were just off, and the Knicks have been playing well lately. Marbury played superb. Too bad it's probably too little too late for the Knicks.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
MJG said:
Well it was in New York, where the Knicks have won 8 of 10 (losses to Miami, Seattle). You still don't want to lose to a lower level team, but considering they were missing their MVP candidate, this one particular game is hardly the end of the world.
You just can't defend the Spurs for this one. It CAN'T be done. The Knicks are 1/2 game out of last place in the worst division in the league. Period. End Of Arguement. Period.

The great thing is things will actually even out for the Spurs and Suns. The Suns lost 6 in a row without Nash in the lineup... with Nash they have a 49-11 record. (5 loses with Nash out). Now it's the Spurs turn with Duncan out... which I believe they've lost about 3 with him out, already. Finally we'll see who really is the best team in the league because both teams will have been without their star players. The Suns have already passed the the Spurs for #1 in the Westeren conference and Duncan is expected to miss 2-4 weeks.

11,213 Posts
Malik Rose had to take out his former teamate, Devin Brown, with the undercut. Like Koko said, he was the only playing. As soon as Devin went out the spurs fell a part. The reffs sucked, I'll give the Spurs that, but that's still no excuse for that ***** preformance tonight.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sherwin said:
That wasn't their worst. Their worst was when they got dominated by the Rockets and scored only like 64.
They scored 67 and only lost by 6 in that game... heck they were ahead by two points going into the 4th quarter.... Today they lost to a pretty bad team by double digits... I don't think you can argue that this isn't the low point in their season.

·
Registered
369 Posts
tempe85 said:
You just can't defend the Spurs for this one. It CAN'T be done. The Knicks are 1/2 game out of last place in the worst division in the league. Period. End Of Arguement. Period.

The great thing is things will actually even out for the Spurs and Suns. The Suns lost 6 in a row without Nash in the lineup... with Nash they have a 49-11 record. (5 loses with Nash out). Now it's the Spurs turn with Duncan out... which I believe they've lost about 3 with him out, already. Finally we'll see who really is the best team in the league because both teams will have been without their star players. The Suns have already passed the the Spurs for #1 in the Westeren conference and Duncan is expected to miss 2-4 weeks.
they didnt lose 6 in a row without nash. he was in 3 of those games.

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
Any team can beat any team on any given night. imo, losing Duncan is worse than losing Nash. Losing Nash, you lose the guy who runs your offense and distributes the ball putting players in position to score. Losing Duncan, you pretty much lose your entire offense. He was their focal point and without him, there is no low post options, Manu doesn't get open shots, Parker doesn't get open looks. Worst of all, you lose a lot of rebounding, and the most dependable offensive post option in the league not named Shaq. The interior defense for the Spurs now sucks, which means that Ginobili and Parker can't go for steals and play as aggressively as they would like.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
tempe85 said:
They lost on the road to a hot home team, playing without arguably the best player in the world. The Knicks aren't a great team, but they aren't exactly the Hawks or Bobcats either.

Did the Spurs lose? Yes. Was it an upset? Yes. Was it something anyone is even going to remember a week from now? Can't imagine so. Basically, I think I'm just missing something, because I'm not sure what the fuss is.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Drewbs said:
Losing Nash, you lose the guy who runs your offense and distributes the ball putting players in position to score.
Hmmm.. *eyes start to get shifty* Don't you think... wait I won't even bother.

:uhoh:

·
Registered
256 Posts
i'd rather pray for manu to get healthy faster.... last year he knew how to step it up when duncan was out....as for duncan being out... manus really gotta step it up (oh and devin brown cause hes a SA town guy)

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
MJG said:
They lost on the road to a hot home team, playing without arguably the best player in the world. The Knicks aren't a great team, but they aren't exactly the Hawks or Bobcats either.

Did the Spurs lose? Yes. Was it an upset? Yes. Was it something anyone is even going to remember a week from now? Can't imagine so. Basically, I think I'm just missing something, because I'm not sure what the fuss is.
Atlanta and Charlotte are better. They have a future, and don't have Dolan.

I see no hope for the Knicks in sight.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
This isn't a worthless thread, because I think there's a perception that the Spurs are still going to be title contenders even when Tim Duncan starts to decline (which has already begun to happen). The fact that they're a below average team without him says to me that when he's only a Top 5 or Top 10 player, not a Top 2 player, the Spurs won't be winning championships anymore.

Duncan is getting more and more injury-prone as he gets older and the Spurs' window is starting to close. They've got this year and next year to try to win titles.

Reactions: GNG

·
Jedi/Sith Hybrid
1,455 Posts
That's a good point actually...Duncan's been good earlier with injuries but as his career has gone on he's had more and more problems...that's one thing that KG does have on Duncan, the fact that Garnett is hardly ever injured.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts