Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He left Seattle Friday night with a mild headache. That came from an inadvertent elbow to the head.

By the time Grizzlies center Lorenzen Wright exited practice Saturday afternoon in Los Angeles, he talked about getting over a different ache.

Thanks to Jerome James, the Sonics' frequently less-than-impressive center, Wright has a slightly bruised ego.

James played like Shaquille O'Neal and talked "like he was Michael Jordan or somebody," according to Wright. The result was James helping to pummel the Grizzlies' frontline in a 122-116 loss in KeyArena.

Weak interior defense has dogged the Grizzlies throughout an eight-game road losing streak.

Now Wright is taking responsibility for the Grizzlies' latest problem. He is working on providing a remedy, beginning tonight when the Griz play the L.A. Clippers in Staples Center.

"I'm the veteran out there so I have to take personal responsibility for being more physical on the court," Wright said. "I am the most physical big man that we have so I have to come out and be physical every night.

Read the Entire Article

Poor Lorenzen, being taunted by Jerome James. That's nearly as bad as the Chris Whitney incident, but Lorenzen earned it. :no:

Our interior defense is a serious issue. Hopefully Wright will come out fired up tonight, and Pau responds to being benched by having a big game.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Originally posted by <b>talula</b>!
He left Seattle Friday night with a mild headache. That came from an inadvertent elbow to the head.

By the time Grizzlies center Lorenzen Wright exited practice Saturday afternoon in Los Angeles, he talked about getting over a different ache.

Thanks to Jerome James, the Sonics' frequently less-than-impressive center, Wright has a slightly bruised ego.

James played like Shaquille O'Neal and talked "like he was Michael Jordan or somebody," according to Wright. The result was James helping to pummel the Grizzlies' frontline in a 122-116 loss in KeyArena.

Weak interior defense has dogged the Grizzlies throughout an eight-game road losing streak.

Now Wright is taking responsibility for the Grizzlies' latest problem. He is working on providing a remedy, beginning tonight when the Griz play the L.A. Clippers in Staples Center.

"I'm the veteran out there so I have to take personal responsibility for being more physical on the court," Wright said. "I am the most physical big man that we have so I have to come out and be physical every night.

Read the Entire Article

Poor Lorenzen, being taunted by Jerome James. That's nearly as bad as the Chris Whitney incident, but Lorenzen earned it. :no:

Our interior defense is a serious issue. Hopefully Wright will come out fired up tonight, and Pau responds to being benched by having a big game.
Ouch. I can't even picture Jerome James talking trash. :nonono:

I've often wondered about our center situation and how we're too small in the paint. Wright's one pretty big dude. 6'11" 260-something. That's bigger than a lot of other "centers" in the league. Brian Grant is terribly undersized at the 5, and yet the Heat outrebound their opponents. Wright just needs to stand his ground.

When's Jake getting out of the doghouse...?

Better yet -- why didn't we draft Kendrick Perkins when we're letting big guys do whatever they want, while Troy Bell (who is a good player) is sitting on the bench?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.