Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will not be paid though sorry

We are thinking of adding a editorial page to this site. But in order to do so, we need volunteers who are willing to write articles for their respected teams. If we get enough people who are good enough to write a professional article on their team, lets say at least once a month we will stick them in here for at least 4-7 days. Also i will post a link to each article on other boards so this is a chance to become known as a writer. I have at least 4 writers so far in the bulls forum. One editorial has gotten over 600 hits alone so far while the other editorial from a different writer has gotten over 250 hits and his was written just his last week. Below are the links to the two sites if you want to get an idea of what i am looking for.

http://basketballboards.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2242

http://basketballboards.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1985

You might not agree with whats written but this gives you an idea of what i am looking for. Other examples is the team boards at RealGM and Hoopsworld for those of you who frequent those boards will get a general idea of what is required. Once a person writes an exceptable article on his or her given team i will post that link on other nba board sites for others to look at and read. So good avertisement for the writer as well as this site. Please remember though that you will be open to replies from people who agree and disagee with the articles. Writer must be mature enough to handle the good with the bad.

And anybody who know of other nba message boards where those links can be advertised at please pm me with them.Do not post the links in here. I want large and small team or nba message boards.

So, how about it? Are you game? Or do you know of anyone not here who would do a good job, let me know about that in PM and i will try and get he or she here.

truebluefan

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Jason Caffeine
I'd love to write editorials about the Warriors.
great! read your pm!!

Ok i have writers for these teams:

1. Bulls
2 Warriors
3 sixers
4 possible pacers.

twenty five more teams left. You don't have to write just for your team either. Perhaps you want to write about the nba in general or just particular players. Those i could post some other place.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i can try for the magic

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
I'm not much of a writer, my strong suits are in the maths and sciences...but if worse comes to worse I'm sure I could type something up. I'll wait and see if anybody else is eager to do the Pistons, if not, and you really need the help trueblue...I can give it a whirl.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wonderful!!!

Listen, PM me on any sites you want me to post your articles link on that i might not know about.

1 Bulls
2 Warriors
3. Lakers
4 pacers (maybe)
5. Blazers
6. Magic
7. Memphis
8 Detroit
9. Boston
10. sixers
11 kings
12 LAC
13 Dallas (pending)
14 Houston Rockets
15 Denver Nuggets
16 Bucks

Suggestion: Just because there is a writer for a team doesn't mean you cannot write for that team. There can be more than one. Also if you have TWO favorite teams and want to write for both of them let me know. There is a fan at realgm that writes for the sixers and wizards. So it can be done.

13 more teams to go!!

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Trueblue is there a deadline date when the first editorials must be posted by. If theres not there should be it will definetly hurry up mine and others im sure.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you can start when ever you want. As most of you know the Bulls articles have already started. Just let me know when its done so i can stick the article in the team pages and maybe have one folder here for all editorials also. At the rate we are going we could have an editorial thread after all.

No deadline. No quota of once a week or things like that. Maybe once a month or once every three weeks.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by JUNKIE
My spelling is terrible but I'll do the Grizzlies (I'll use spell check promise) ;)
Mine is too or have you not noticed. Mine is because i type too fast and turn letters around. Hit wrong keys and do not take the time to preview like i should.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I just want to clear all these things out in case any one else is wondering as I am. Which forum do we post the editorial in the team page under here or PM it to you.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Originally posted by JUNKIE
I just want to clear all these things out in case any one else is wondering as I am. Which forum do we post the editorial in the team page under here or PM it to you.
You can post it in the team page. I will stick it at the top of the team page for 4-7 days. I will also advertise the article the best i can. In here maybe i will have one thread where we can either post the link to the article or have the actual article itself in here also. I am not sure yet.

But be sure to tell me it is your article when you post it. Why? Because some posters in here are very good at long winded posts anyway. I don't want to confuse a editorial or team article with a normal post.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
So can we do these articles on anything we want that has to do with our team?? I was thinking about doing a roster review or something like that.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by STING
So can we do these articles on anything we want that has to do with our team?? I was thinking about doing a roster review or something like that.
Anything you want. Yes a review of the roster. Future articles on maybe the direction of the team or you discussing rumors Etc.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts