Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Writing on the wall for Bulls' Watson
Team's quest for veteran combo guard suggests his days in Chicago are numbered

...That the Bulls are trolling the free-agent market for a veteran combo guard — Kirk Hinrich is the top target — suggests two things: Every dollar counts in their quest to either avoid or pay limited luxury tax. Or Watson has fallen out of favor.

Or both.
Link - Chicago Tribune

This article is mostly a confirmation of what I think most of us suspected, that the Bulls are highly unlikely to pick up Watson's option. I don't mind CJ as a guy off the bench, but the price isn't right from my perspective.

Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
14,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
... maybe they buried the lead with the mention of Kirk Hinrich as the top target... is there much left in the tank for Hinrich? A young Hinrich seems like he'd be an ideal guy to bring off the bench, I just haven't seen much of veteran Hinrich lately, so I'm skeptical.

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Really a tough off-season for the Bulls with so many decisions to be made and questions about Rose.

The price might not be right, but I do think Watson is much more valuable player for Chicago while Rose is out than a player like Hinrich would be. Maybe management is taking the "Let's just make the playoffs and D-Rose will be back" approach.

·
1.7%
7,363 Posts
Watson is a backup PG being paid backup PG money, I don't see why we insist on letting him go. He's much better than Kirk Hinrich at this point.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts