Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Yeah I am ready to see what we have with both guys on the floor.

G: Hinrich 36, Crawford 36, Gill 24
F: Pippen 24, Robinson/Dupree10, JYD 24, Chandler 28, Davis 10
C: Curry 30 Davis 18

·
Registered
224 Posts
Uh huh..

Ill believe it when I see it. He just started running on the knee 5-7 days ago. Maybe 10 minutes in game action. I know Skiles needs a threat at the PG spot when Hinrich is out and Crawford is acting like...Crawford, so if Pippen says "its on" then I guess its on.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
If Pip comes back, expect him off the bench and with no more than 14 minutes. A lot of times, they just want to see how he feels on it. If fluid builds up again and he has to continually get it drained, then the surgery was not really a success. Running on a knee is one thing; cutting and pivoting on the court is quite another.

A ridiculously far-fetched analogy: I sprained my ankle the other day playing ball. I can walk on it without much pain, even jog and run if I have to. But if I plant my foot and try to turn, sharp pains shoot up to my knee. That's what happens when just a simple ligament gets torn.

Knee surgery involves a lot more than that, and the knee gets so much strain and pressure on the court.

Pippen may slowly be able to come back and contribute 20-25 mpg, but honestly, with his current athleticism, I don't know how much he can help us. Basketball players his age basically just pick one or two areas that they still excel at and focus on that. For Pippen, running a team at point and hopefully his shot are areas that he has held on to. This will free up Hinrich and Crawford a lot, which has always led to really good games for the Bulls.

I wouldn't expect much more from Pippen. Hinrich, Gill, and Crawford are still our best man defenders, and Pippen is there more for glue than for anything else.

But glue is great to have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts