Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess some Cougars didn't like the fact that they got pummeled by Oregon State 66 - 13 this saturday Oct 11, 2008.
http://www.oregonlive.com/beaversfootball/index.ssf/2008/10/osu_66_wazzu_13_second_quarter.html#more
"It really shows Oregon State doesn't have any class," Romeo Pellum said. "It shows Coach Riley doesn't have any class. ... That shows no respect. It's time for us to go out and earn some respect."
Isn't this the same WSU team that lost 63-14 vs Oregon, UCLA 28 -3 and Cal 66-3?
Why is OSU being the "labled" team for being not classy? I'm sorry but OSU had 28 years of losing seasons before their system made a turning point in 2000 and has had success since then.
Shut up WSU. Stop whining.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Thats stupid. WHen i changed the channel i was surprised to see a lot of your starters in. I know our backups were in at the start of the 3rd. Maybe that is why they were mad? Who knows...

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think most coaches leave their starters in the first half even if the game is getting out of reach. The players still need to have good stats if they want to be drafted and the coaches must know that too.

·
Registered
371 Posts
...I also noticed some "2nd stringers" in the 2nd freaking quarter [you know, when WSU scored 13 quick points] hell, our scout/practice squad probably could have beat the Cougs outright...keep the Rose Bowl hopes alive!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Cougs are just searching for some motivation, which is understandable given how their season is going. It was still a close game going into the half and the starters were pulled when the game got out of hand. What more could they ask for?

If it were the starters going deep, I'd get it. But this was the second/third unit with a QB coming off major shoulder surgery.

·
Registered
56 Posts
the classless thing they were complaining about was the playaction 40 yd bomb that canfield threw in the final minutes. it had nothing to do with the final score but the fact that riley/OC/Canfield called up that play. was kinda busch league and not needed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ya i will agree it was a bit classless.. but Canfield hadnt played in forever and he was throwing to a walk on senior.. probably just wanted to see if canfield could still make that throw.. but whatever. Maybe the cougs should go out and win a game (other than Portland st) and then get a little respect.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Canfield needed some playing time and perhaps that particular play was something that he and Riley had come up with. The cougs need to stop pointing fingers at other opponents and try to look back at old tapes to figure out what their defense is doing wrong. Their defense is giving up tons of points and their offense is trying to do something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts