Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A18716-2002Sep14.html

Here is the most interesting point:

"The Wizards are still exploring the free agent market and trades for another big man. One NBA source said there have been talks between Washington and Toronto about the Wizards dealing Whitney, last season's starting point guard, for center Eric Montross. However, the point guard-needy Raptors might have cooled on that scenario after center Hakeem Olajuwon failed his physical last week."

I am trying very hard to justify this. Montross has a fairly hefty contract in today's market for 3 more seasons ($2,720,000 $2,960,000 $3,200,000). How could he be of any more benefit than Popeye Jones. Thankfully this may never be realized now that Hakeem may be forced to retire. I would rather give the Yugo a shot than trade for Montross.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Good looking out BCH on the article. I really wish we slow down on the moves ,moving whitney would be okay but taking on the big stiff wouldn't be . I think we're fine now lets not make 1 move too many, all of this still has to come together and we need to have a little faith in our young bigs, Brown and Thomas I think Thomas could play well as a back-up center so I like to use him there and also swing him to the 4. but the article I think is not as positive as I would have thought though. I beleive all of these moves were really good and outside of Jersey and Orlando adding G Hill back to the line-up ,I don't see many teams in the East who have gotten much better, I think we've improved our selves as much as any team has I'll go so far as to say that we've made the most improvement in the east this summer. Boston, Milwaukee,Detroit, I think have all taken a small step back.

·
Registered
973 Posts
well we've got a nice mix of vets and young guyz...

Young

SF/PF Jared Jefferies
SF/SG Rod Grizzard
C/PF Brendan Haywood
C/PF Etan Thomas
PF/SF Kwame Brown
PG/SG Juan Dixon
C/PF Ratko Varda

Seasoned Vets
PG/SG Tyronn Lue(4)
PG/SG Larry Hughes(4)
C/PF Jahidi White(4)
SG/SF Jerry Stackhouse(7)

Old Guyz
SG/SF Michael Jordan
PG/SG Chris Whitney
PF/C Christian Laettner
SF/SG Bryan Russell

Join's Next Year
PG/SG J.C. Navarro

Now I left off Brian Cardinal. But I also feel that if Popeye doesn't find a team, we could also cut Ratko Varda who was injured all last year and try to get Popeye back. So if we could get Popeye back which is highly unlikely, I guess we could just stick with Varda and see how he does.

As of right now, the lineup looks like this...

C~Hughes/Whitney/Lue
SG~Stackhouse/Jordan/Russell
SF~Russell/Jefferies/Jordan
PF~Brown/Laettner/Thomas
C~Haywood/Thomas/Varda

Now you can see... I left, Dixon, White, and Grizzard on the DL. Once White comes back, Varda will be put back there or Thomas if Varda shows dat he's got game. But Dixon doesn't look like he'll get any time. Maybe Whitney will just fall and go into a coma for 3 years(i hate the guy), then Dixon can come and play. Plus if Whitney goes down... we can get a 4.5 million dollar exception or sumthing like dat to get sign another free agent like Popeye and cut Varda.

Team Outlook: Will battle for 6-8 seeds in playoffs if Jordan stays healthy.

Do ya''ll agree???

And forget Montross! He's almost as bad as Chris Whitney.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just don't see the Wizards putting Dixon on the DL.

If the team stays as it is, i'd say that Cardinal is Cut with Grizzard, White and Lue starting out on the Inactive List.

·
Registered
973 Posts
i guess it will be jordan's and doug collin's call on if dixon stays or goes on the dl and sees little action.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts