Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just revealed. I don't know anything about it other than the name, but I figured we could use a thread for it.

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
Doesn't seem to be much of leap forward...Looks like it's just an updated Xbox 360. It seems like they should be offering the option of getting an SSD at least. That would give you a tangible performance gain and a tangible improvement in the experience.

·
Will of Chilltown
3,722 Posts
You will also be needing a constant internet connection to play anything on the system. If you internet goes down you are S.O.L.

Also there is a possibility that you will be having to pay a monthly fee to just play the system as well, kind of like Xbox Live.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Doesn't seem to be much of leap forward...Looks like it's just an updated Xbox 360. It seems like they should be offering the option of getting an SSD at least. That would give you a tangible performance gain and a tangible improvement in the experience.
An SSD is going to give you a big tangible gain but not the increase in power they gave?

No. You don't really know what you're talking about there.

I run I high end PC. Windows is on SSD to boot it quick, but games themselves? They're on a regular high end harddrive. Once I put on my SSD drive load no quicker, and show no gains.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
You will also be needing a constant internet connection to play anything on the system. If you internet goes down you are S.O.L.

Also there is a possibility that you will be having to pay a monthly fee to just play the system as well, kind of like Xbox Live.
No. There absolutely isn't.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Not to mention, I'm not sure how shorter load times would be the real big lead into the future to begin with.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts

neither of these thing are true

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
The internet issue is a non-starter for many people. In my extended family, there are about 12 XBox 360 machines. Exactly 2 of them are connected to XBox Live subscriptions and regularly get internet content. I don't think my family is unique in that regard.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Best part....Built in WiFi it is about dam time Microsoft
Welcome to 2006 microsoft.

Was pretty ridiculous not to have it out of the box on the last machine.

I'm more interested on the stuff it can do outside of gaming at this point. I've been doing most of my gaming on my PC these days, and don't play much for online multiplayer anymore, so I doubt thats changing anytime soon.

·
Limehouse Blues
26,988 Posts
They had that scam running where they were charging people 50 bucks for that proprietary wi fi thing. They were probably making those little bastards for 5 dollars or less and making an obscene profit on them.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
They had that scam running where they were charging people 50 bucks for that proprietary wi fi thing. They were probably making those little bastards for 5 dollars or less and making an obscene profit on them.
I ended up throwing mine away in the end once I got one of the new ones with built in wifi. What a piece of shit.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts