Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yahoo's sage predictions. Really not much to argue about here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/america-east-preview-early-departures-drain-league-top-130034482--ncaab.html

Article lists SB's Jameel Warner as the top newcomer. If he is the real deal then he and fellow freshman Jameel Warney should prove to be a potent inside combination for the Seawolves. :rotf:

This ticked me off! Just plain wrong! (unlike the predicted order of finish)

"Last NCAA tourney win by a league team: 2005, Vermont as a No. 13 seed"

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Yahoo's sage predictions. Really not much to argue about here.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/america-east-preview-early-departures-drain-league-top-130034482--ncaab.html

Article lists SB's Jameel Warner as the top newcomer. If he is the real deal then he and fellow freshman Jameel Warney should prove to be a potent inside combination for the Seawolves. :rotf:

This ticked me off! Just plain wrong! (unlike the predicted order of finish)

"Last NCAA tourney win by a league team: 2005, Vermont as a No. 13 seed"
Got some stuff right, a bunch of stuff wrong. Vermont beat Lamar last season in NCAA Tournament and anyone that has a pre-season pick w/out Voelkel on 1st team clearly hasn't seen Vermont play or the league or knows anything about basketball. Period.

If the NCAA is going to make you play the game, then it counts and that cash money we get from winning the game is still green.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
Lindy's picked BU #1. Hahaha- wow. Sad thing is I bet the coaches do this year too. Probably next year too, when they are in the Patriot League :)

Here are Lindy's picks:

1. BU
2. Stony Brook
3. Vermont
4. Maine
5. Hartford
6. Albany
7. UNH
8. UMBC
9. Bing

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I don't know if it got mentioned in another predictions thread, but while you're mentioning Lindy's, here's Athlon's picks...

1. Vermont
2. Stony Brook
3. Albany
4. Boston U.
5. Hartford
6. New Hampshire
7. Maine
8. UMBC
9. Binghamton

POY: Tommy Brenton, SBU

ALL-CONFERENCE TEAM
-Mike Black, Albany
-Tommy Brenton, SBU
-Alasdair Fraser, Maine
-Chase Plummer, UMBC
-Brian Voelkel, Vermont

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Great to see the basketball preview coming out. I have ordered my Blue Ribbon will have to stop and pick up Lindys this weekend. Im surprised by the BU pick I really think that Albany, SBU, or Vermont could finish on top of the league.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Lindy's picked BU #1. Hahaha- wow. Sad thing is I bet the coaches do this year too. Probably next year too, when they are in the Patriot League :)

Here are Lindy's picks:

1. BU
2. Stony Brook
3. Vermont
4. Maine
5. Hartford
6. Albany
7. UNH
8. UMBC
9. Bing

That's called an NIT bid.........I'll take it.

·
Registered
14,160 Posts
I don't get upset at these things any more..good thing these are just predictions. I'll go on the record and say that UA will be a better "team" this year then last...we will NOT be as explosive offensively but we'll rebound and play much better defense then last year. In a word...BALANCED.

6th?

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I don't get upset at these things any more..good thing these are just predictions. I'll go on the record and say that UA will be a better "team" this year then last...we will NOT be as explosive offensively but we'll rebound and play much better defense then last year. In a word...BALANCED.

6th?
I agree with all of this but.....6TH!!?? You sandbagger.

·
Banned
416 Posts
a 17 seed beating another 17 seed to become the 16 seed hardly qualifies as an NCAA Tourney win for the league. It's probably the opposite being grouped into the PIG in the first place. :) :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts