Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
Originally posted by MAVSFAN
http://www.bergen.com/page.php?level_3_id=1&page=4274586

Thoughts, opinions?
yeah, i heard about that. i'll be pretty :upset: if they do move the teams because it's enough that the giants and the jets are considered as new york teams even though they're located in new jersey, but if we lose the nets and the devils, we won't have any teams. (damn, was that a run-on sentence? lol)

and i also have an opinion on the arena in newark. even though it'll cost tons of money, i want an arena in newark. newark isn't that bad of a city, and transportation to the arena would be great (at least for me it would - no need to look for someone to drive me to the meadowlands).

·
Registered
316 Posts
What peevs me the most is New York gets all the good teams, when theirs are failing. Plus that Jets-Giants thing also sux because yeah, they're not actually in New York. The big city gets of the goods, Where's the love for NJ?:confused:

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
Originally posted by sundevilPAT
What peevs me the most is New York gets all the good teams, when theirs are failing. Plus that Jets-Giants thing also sux because yeah, they're not actually in New York. The big city gets of the goods, Where's the love for NJ?:confused:
it's not there... :(

well, at least this past season in the nba, roles were reversed. nj got the good team while ny's team failed. :D

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
I really think that this is getting rediculus now, every season to move at least one team? Thats stupid they'll (the NBA and the teams) will lose more money that way then just staying at home or getting relocated to another city. Plus its not like the NJ population is bad, and that people aren't attending games, the problem is that the Nets were in the Lotter for years, and the capacity of the Stadium is like 20,000 and it was always sold out during the playoffs. I know that NY is a big state and has huge cities but giving everything to NY, doesn't make sense to me:confused:

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
Originally posted by the_truth
I really think that this is getting rediculus now, every season to move at least one team? Thats stupid they'll (the NBA and the teams) will lose more money that way then just staying at home or getting relocated to another city. Plus its not like the NJ population is bad, and that people aren't attending games, the problem is that the Nets were in the Lotter for years, and the capacity of the Stadium is like 20,000 and it was always sold out during the playoffs. I know that NY is a big state and has huge cities but giving everything to NY, doesn't make sense to me:confused:
it's funny because one of the things that's standing in the way of the new arena being built is the fact that it'll be built in newark. newark has this bad reputation because it's an urban area known as "the carjacking capital" of the world. but little do people know that newark is a growing city that's getting nicer and nicer. they have so much there - a museum, an airport, a train station, a performing arts center. an arena will only make the city better. heck, why not move the nets to jersey city? i don't see why so many people are complaining about the new arena (well, i understand the whole "we will be paying for it with our taxes" concern). ok, now i'm all vented off...

but seriously, i don't want to see nj lose the nets or the devils. as a matter of fact, i think i'm gonna begin a petition to start calling the giants and the jets the new jersey giants and the new jersey jets. :laugh:

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by BizzyRipsta

it's funny because one of the things that's standing in the way of the new arena being built is the fact that it'll be built in newark. newark has this bad reputation because it's an urban area known as "the carjacking capital" of the world. but little do people know that newark is a growing city that's getting nicer and nicer. they have so much there - a museum, an airport, a train station, a performing arts center. an arena will only make the city better. heck, why not move the nets to jersey city? i don't see why so many people are complaining about the new arena (well, i understand the whole "we will be paying for it with our taxes" concern). ok, now i'm all vented off...

but seriously, i don't want to see nj lose the nets or the devils. as a matter of fact, i think i'm gonna begin a petition to start calling the giants and the jets the new jersey giants and the new jersey jets. :laugh:
Exactly, how do they plan to improve the area, without some entertainment? An Profesional, Hockey and Basketball team will definitly boost up the city.

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
Originally posted by the_truth

Exactly, how do they plan to improve the area, without some entertainment? An Profesional, Hockey and Basketball team will definitly boost up the city.
i think that's one of the arguments that the mayor of newark is using. all of the politicians from this part of jersey are all for the new arena, but then a lot of the politicians in other parts of n.j. oppose it (or at least i think that's what's happening).

adding a sports team to the city will allow people to enjoy a little bit of everything - art in the museum, music in the performing arts center, and sports in the new arena. plus, anyway, newark's the largest city in the state.

by the way, supposedly they're going to turn the meadowlands into a mall if the new arena is built, so does anyone know what will happen to giants stadium (and the giants and the jets)?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by BizzyRipsta

i think that's one of the arguments that the mayor of newark is using. all of the politicians from this part of jersey are all for the new arena, but then a lot of the politicians in other parts of n.j. oppose it (or at least i think that's what's happening).

adding a sports team to the city will allow people to enjoy a little bit of everything - art in the museum, music in the performing arts center, and sports in the new arena. plus, anyway, newark's the largest city in the state.

by the way, supposedly they're going to turn the meadowlands into a mall if the new arena is built, so does anyone know what will happen to giants stadium (and the giants and the jets)?
I don't think anything will happen to Giants Stadium. The Jets and Giants would have nowhere else to go if Giants Stadium was torn down (unless one or both teams play at Shea Stadium, but I doubt the Mets would let them, although both teams played there before Giants Stadium was built).

I hope the Nets stay. They are a team on the rise and i hope they meet Dallas in the NBA finals. Jason Kidd v. Mike Finley (they were traded for each other, before Kidd was traded to NJ for Marbury).

·
Registered
316 Posts
won't effect me right now, i'm in AZ. I'd rather hear about it on the news then actually being there, lol. If you are in the wrong neighborhood brooklyn can be scary!

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
Originally posted by sundevilPAT
won't effect me right now, i'm in AZ. I'd rather hear about it on the news then actually being there, lol. If you are in the wrong neighborhood brooklyn can be scary!
lol...yeah, i know - i go to school in brooklyn.

anyway, i doubt there would ever be a real war between nj and ny. :D

·
Registered
96 Posts
let em go

THey are bluffing. Where are they going to go? IT would have to be within the region, because they just started Yes to have a sports channel (Yankees, Nets, and Devils). Connecticut would be worse than the Meadowlands for drawing a crowd.

I am tired of building stadiums for rich owners. Especially Steinbrenner. HE owns the richest team in the world and he wants NY to build him a new stadium for the Yankees. Where are they going to go? He can build his own stadiums. Once it comes out of his pocket, lets see how bad the Meadowlands or Yankee stadium is.

The only reason the politicians want it is for the money they can throw around.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts