Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DONT U HATE THE YANKEES AND US YANKEE FANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh:

BRONX BOMBERS BAYBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!:D

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Detroit got ripped OFF in that trade lol, Oakland's rotation gets even better now with Lilly, NY gets a lil better with Weaver and Detroit doesnt even need a 1B cause they have Dimitri Young and Randhall Simon... DUMBASS DETROIT!! lol

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Originally posted by HAWK23
Detroit got ripped OFF in that trade lol, Oakland's rotation gets even better now with Lilly, NY gets a lil better with Weaver and Detroit doesnt even need a 1B cause they have Dimitri Young and Randhall Simon... DUMBASS DETROIT!! lol
Because Dmitri Young and Randall Simon are such good players, huh? :rolleyes: I fail to see how Oakland benefits from this, they give up one of the best prospects in baseball for Ted Lilly and a couple of other prospects. I'm actually happy for my team, we needed to replenish our farm system.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
I also think Detroit gets the best out of this one, by far. They get Carlos Pena, who arguably is the best prospect in baseball, and didn't they get John-Ford Griffin, too? Looks great for them.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Any time you trade a <u>young</u>, proven stud at the MAJOR level for a prospect who may or may not pan out, in other words you trade a POTENTIAL for a proven talent, how is that a good deal ? I don't get it. Detroit should look into aquiring Weavers of the world not trade them.

Not only that but to help the satan in the process is downright disgusting. Work stoppage can't come here fast enough for me. :upset:

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Originally posted by DP
Any time you trade a <u>young</u>, proven stud at the MAJOR level for a prospect who may or may not pan out, in other words you trade a POTENTIAL for a proven talent, how is that a good deal ? I don't get it. Detroit should look into aquiring Weavers of the world not trade them.

Not only that but to help the satan in the process is downright disgusting. Work stoppage can't come here fast enough for me. :upset:
That <u>young</u> <u>proven</u> <b>stud</b> wasn't going to lead us anywhere with the team we surronded him with. Nobody else on the Tiger team was worth as much in a trade as Jeff Weaver. To get talent, you're going to have to give it up. With this trade Detroit gets a potential all-star first baseman, a AA closer with good stuff (although closer prospects rarely pan out), and a very high prospect pitcher. For a team that absolutely stinks, it's a perfect trade to get two great players into the farm system and in Pena's case, a guy that can step in right away.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
whats the point of baseball anymore!? i mean seriously. I seriously think there should be about 10 teams in MLB and that will take care of everything. How are little markets supposed to even compete with teams like tha yankees? and with the playoff system which i personally think is soooooo dumb, baseball is messed.

1. need salary cap BIG TIME
2. change playoff format like nba and hocket....top 8 teams from each conference / leagues in baseball...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts