1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts
I'm having second thoughts about him winning MVP based on his performance in the post-season, but this is a regular season award. With that said, congratulations A-Rod!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Right decision.. now only if they get the NL right tommorow with Albert.. Congrats Alex..

Actually I dont really know.. Big Papi was pretty damn valuable to the Sox this year.. I dont care if he was a DH.. Being in the field could be a factor but should it really if this is the AL AWARD? The DH is part of the AL? I hate the DH anyways but know he was pretty valuable.. I guess this begs the question.. Would the Yankees have made the playoffs without Alex? Would the Red Sox have made the playoffs without David? I'm not so sure but I think the Yankees would have had a better shot.. Ahh I dunno..

Congrats ARod!

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
I think hitting Ortiz would be my pick but you have to take into account the fact that ARod took over games at 3B making players other players just couldn't make.

I don't think there is any chance Albert doesn't win big in the NL.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
I don't think anybody can convince me that David Ortiz deserved this over Alex Rodriguez, and I'm not a Yankee homer or a Red Sox hater. Very similar numbers with the bat, and A-Rod wasn't just some scrub with the glove. You can say Ortiz was clutch this and clutch that, but A-Rod overall was just as good with the bat. I think this was an easy choice as well, not as easy as Pujols, but still easy.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
KokoTheMonkey said:
I don't think anybody can convince me that David Ortiz deserved this over Alex Rodriguez, and I'm not a Yankee homer or a Red Sox hater. Very similar numbers with the bat, and A-Rod wasn't just some scrub with the glove. You can say Ortiz was clutch this and clutch that, but A-Rod overall was just as good with the bat. I think this was an easy choice as well, not as easy as Pujols, but still easy.
Absolutely.

What is the difference in driving in a run in the 1st inning or 7th?

A run is a run, that run in the 1st inning may be what puts you up over the other team anyway...

-Petey

1 - 9 of 9 Posts