Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Yao finally given some love by the media

633 views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  Pimped Out 
#1 ·
Matt Steinmetz of sportingnews.com:

Now is as good a time as any.

It's time to call the Rockets' Yao Ming what he is: the best center in the NBA. Yes, there's that small matter of the big fella in Miami, but the reality is that the gradual upward arc of Yao has intersected the inevitable downward arc of Shaquille O'Neal.
Link to article

#3 ·
Pasha The Great said:
The only good thing about this season: seeing Yao become the best, and seeing the haters fade away.
I have to agree whole-heartedly.

#4 ·
my how the tables have turned...

and you know this is only going to hurt yao probally. Once the media has their chance, they will shoot him down just as fast as they are bringing him up right now...

I say let the haters hate, we all know their ignorance, and im sure it just drives yao even harder. His passion and heart is what i value most

#6 ·
as a chinese i totally understand Yao's gentle attitude toward media, though he always suffer a lot of criticism.
as a real rocket fans, we see Yao his effort on the court. He is trying to prove something and let those media shut up, in the way i respect.
this season is really not the one for rockets fans. but let's see Yao and his fellows give their best shot in next season. i am still looking forward to a championship, just like Yao did in China the last year before he joined NBA.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.