Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
As soon as Yao realizes that there's no reasonable excuse for him not putting up at least 25, 15, and 3 a night, he'll be the most dominating player in the NBA (check out tonight's line). Until then, the frustrating trend of underachieving continues.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RoddneyThaRippa</b>!
As soon as Yao realizes that there's no reasonable excuse for him not putting up at least 25, 15, and 3 a night, he'll be the most dominating player in the NBA (check out tonight's line). Until then, the frustrating trend of underachieving continues.
You know, Yao IS only a season and half into his NBA career and his development was probably delayed a bit by the undisciplined style of last year's Rockets.

Yao might have gone for YEARS in his career impeded by the style preferred by Francis and Mobley. He's lucky to have Jeff Van Gundy to reshape the team, Patrick Ewing to teach him and Mark Jackson to control the floor and make sure the ball goes to the right place at the right time in the right away.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NYCbballFan</b>!

You know, Yao IS only a season and half into his NBA career.
I'd like to highlight this, because it is so true. He's only in his second season! Numbers like the previously mentioned 25/15/3 would be absolutely phenominal if he did them in his prime, but they are just unrealistic expectations so early in his NBA career.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MJG</b>!

I'd like to highlight this, because it is so true. He's only in his second season! Numbers like the previously mentioned 25/15/3 would be absolutely phenominal if he did them in his prime, but they are just unrealistic expectations so early in his NBA career.
I think the progress he's made has already been impressively quick, especially given the circumstances he played in last season. This season, it seems like he's making strides every game. Right now, we're watching a dominant center blossom under the right coach, a HoF personal tutor and a wizened, master point guard.

Imagine what Yao will be like when he actually fills out that body with NBA-level muscle.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NYCbballFan</b>!

I think the progress he's made has already been impressively quick, especially given the circumstances he played in last season. This season, it seems like he's making strides every game. Right now, we're watching a dominant center blossom under the right coach, a HoF personal tutor and a wizened, master point guard.

Imagine what Yao will be like when he actually fills out that body with NBA-level muscle.
only KG can be expected to get 25-15 a night every night, maybe TD to an extent. And KG is how many years into the league? he couldn't have done this his even 2 years ago, so give yao some time.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I think he can constantly put on 25 points a game easily, with players like Mark Jackson whose first job is to give him the ball.. About the rebounds I' m less optimist.. he is not a great rebounder yet...
Now he is becomin the n° 1 offensive option I think he will improve the numbers... Maybe by the end of the year he will average 19/20 pp per game..
Anyway seems like Van Gundy words were received by Yao.. I'm looking forward to what he will do the next game:yes: I'm waiting for another big night with 25 taken shoots by Yao...

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Endurance is a big factor in his offense. Yao is learning how to get more easy baskets inside, but he's still mainly a finesse offensive player, and once his legs go, those spin moves and fall-away jumpers won't work so well. Dunno how much endurance a 7'6 player can build up, both for games and for an entire season.

Right now, it looks like Yao is playing hard for whole games, a credit to himself, JVG and Ewing. Hopefully, he'll keep it.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
It's amazing just how well Yao is playing in just his 2nd season in the L. With the right agression and strength, he definitely can become the top center of the league. Best foreign player ever perhaps?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Yao had only 12 points vs the Heat:cry: I'm wondering why the heel he took only 9 shots... Why on earth he was not served... the Heat could be destroyed since they have no centers Has anyone seen the game?

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MagnusPinus</b>!
Yao had only 12 points vs the Heat:cry: I'm wondering why the heel he took only 9 shots... Why on earth he was not served... the Heat could be destroyed since they have no centers Has anyone seen the game?
12 points and just 9 shots? Not too good... Perhaps he was in some kinda foul trouble or something.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Seems like he gave up playing that good:no:
I 've not watched the games, but the box scores say he is not shooting enough...And the Rockets in consequence are losing.:cry:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts