Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This article(on Yao Ming's post match feelings/quotes about the loss to the Phoenix Suns) is from sina.com (a chinese website),many thanks to Pryuen of Yaomingmania.com who translated it into English

http://sports.sina.com.cn/k/2005-11-24/13191898622.shtml

1. Yao Ming admitted playing against Phoenix Sun always posed great challenges to him. "They are so speedy, and they run non-stop. And if my opponents are running and competing non stop, I have to run and compete non stop as well. That is a stern test to my stamina/strength."

2. When asked why there is a stark difference to his 1H and 2H performance, Yao Ming said: "I really don't know. If I have known the reason why, I would not be playing this bad."

3. Yao Ming was double-teamed throughout the match. He felt that as long as he could pass the ball to his team mates, then it would be alright. "I knew and I could feel there was always someone behind me. I just couldn't see it. In fact we have alot of open shot attempts near the free throw line, but they just ain't falling."

4. Compared to the Phoenix Sun that also played its back-to-back last night, the Rockets were playing very slow and listlessly without energy, and little without ball movement. Yao Ming said: "We're running out of time. We are just playing very very bad. Let's not make excuses. It was not because we're tired. The Phoenix Suns also played its back-to-back."

5. The Rockets offense was very weak, and as JVG put it...nothing worth mentioning. Yao Ming thought that the reason why Rockets offense was not fluid and flowing was because there were too many "stops" in them. To him, the 2 teams were playing at different levels. "The Suns were ever on the move; they seemed to know where the next position (of their players) to play. As for us, we just could not make up our minds, never know where we should move, and not knowing what we should do in our next move. Such slow reaction is not simply a matter of focus or concentration."

6. 12 games had gone and the Rockets winning ratio is just 1/4. This is becoming intolerable for the Rockets from top to down (and including the fans too). When asked what it needs to take the Rockets from their lowest trough to the peak, Yao Ming just said resolutely: "All I want now is just one win !!"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Believe me or not, Yao got too much pressure from the lost. As i think houston would make them speed up, make some changes on JVG's mind. That would be a way to get sth back.

By the way, Yao should get more rest. dont use Yao for PK, use Swift or Juwan,actually Juwan is very good at PK. They would use more 3-2 Zone defense to save their energy bcoz they are only 3 or 4 players less than 30. Oh, man~~~they got so many things to do. houston , good bless u~~~

·
Registered
310 Posts
kisstherim said:
This article(on Yao Ming's post match feelings/quotes about the loss to the Phoenix Suns) is from sina.com (a chinese website),many thanks to Pryuen of Yaomingmania.com who translated it into English
The link is helpful. Chinese is always easy to read:biggrin: ...thanx
we just could not make up our minds, never know where we should move, and not knowing what we should do in our next move
yeah, the guys move slow in offense. Why? partly because Rox is a defense team. They try to slow down and spend almost 24 seconds on their defense, which requires a great deal of stamina. When they play offense, they may not able to get rid of the slow pace. Sometimes, they may get tired to think about the strategy(it could be confusing) and move ineffectively.

Another factor I think is the capability or character of a player. Spurs has Parker and Ginobili, who are able to move swiftly. When it comes to Rox, last season, we got Sura(I'm fond of his enthusiasm),T-MAC(no doubt of his moving), Mike James,Yao,Howard.They were just doing fine. Now look at who are playing.Head is OK, Swift is kinda lazy, Howard likes to stay at his comfortable site, DW/Barry is too old to move, Bowen?(I love his air ball :clown: ). Then, what can we expect?

Besides, its only the beginning of the season, we've got many new faces.I admit its too hard for them to read JVG's strategy. They have to look for Yao when they get the ball and decide if it is a proper time to get him the ball or choose to pass it to another guy or shoot by themselves. As a result, a whole lot of oppotunities could be missing.

I think JVG should be partly resposible to the horrible offense. He fails to be a great coach at this point.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
CodyThePuppy said:
Houston: 3-9
LA LAkers: 4-6
Wow great point, we're 3-9 with T-Mac out for most of the games, and Lakers are 4-6 at full strength.

We knew this would be a tough stretch, just give it some more time guys.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Yeah, I want one win without McGrady also...

Yao needs to step it up. Juwan has been kinda garbage so far, Stro contributed with some constant power.

And we were so good in the preseason... :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts