Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 107 Posts

· Registered
4,547 Posts
jworth said:
Let's just hope this doesn't have any effect on anything other than this season.
this does not look serious. But I think he can take advantage of it to have more rest in summer.

Edit: I didn't read it carefully. So his foot was broken? OMG, I thought it's just another sprain

Reactions: bbasok

· Premium Member
4,913 Posts
Not good, wish he will have another monster come back the next season. I would love to see him become better everything after injuries. like last time.
So shut down Yao Ming the rest of the Season, get some more heeling time. I have no idea about the China part, is he still playing for the Chinese with a broken foot?
See ya next season big guy. have a nice summer.

· We Just Wanna Chill
12,067 Posts
this really sucks. i hate injuries. As a Heat fan i can sort of relate to what you guys are going through. I wish you guys nothing but luck next year, its safe to say that injuries robbed you guys of this season.

· Registered
4,547 Posts
cornholio said:
Was he going to play for China in the offseason??
Atleast he can rest now and we get a better draft pick.
yes, for the World Championships and the "Stankovic Continental Champions Cup"

· Registered
4,547 Posts
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/3785162.html

April 10, 2006, 9:34PM
Yao injures foot, leaves game in first quarter

Associated Press

SALT LAKE CITY — Rockets center Yao Ming left tonight's game at Utah late in the first quarter after another player stepped on his left foot.

He missed the second quarter as he had the foot examined. A Rockets spokeswoman said he would not return.

Yao, who was averaging 22.6 points and 10.3 rebounds, had five points, two rebounds and a block in 8:31 before leaving the game Monday.

Houston was already without leading scorer Tracy McGrady, who is out for the rest of the season with a back injury.

· Registered
4,547 Posts
bronx43 said:
I really don't want him to play for China this off-season. I understand his dedication to China, but we need you here to rest, big guy!
that does not depend on him. I think the CBA has some contract with the Rockets which guarantees Yao will play for Chinese national team in summer.

· Registered
5,781 Posts
A broken foot! That could be bad. Many people suffer a permanent loss in mobility after breaking a foot. Didn't Yao say that he used to be able to jump much higher until he broke his foot twice?

Great season for him, though. Showed some character. If he recovers well and continues to play like this, he'll be a perennial MVP candidate.

· Registered
1,258 Posts
Hakeem said:
A broken foot! That could be bad. Many people suffer a permanent loss in mobility after breaking a foot. Didn't Yao say that he used to be able to jump much higher until he broke his foot twice?

Great season for him, though. Showed some character. If he recovers well and continues to play like this, he'll be a perennial MVP candidate.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Imagine if he never broke his foot. 40 inch vertical!

· Top Of The Pops
27,460 Posts
Foot injuries are always potentially serious for centers. The is conjuring bad associations with Bill Walton.

Hopefully this has no effect beyond this season.

Reactions: CbobbyB
1 - 20 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.