Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If Yao Ming is all he is cracked up, one of the best centers ever, to be here are my predicted Career stats.

23.5ppg 14.6rpg 4.8bpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
he will get the blocks, just like manute and bradley, he won't have the strength to bang down low, and will probably get hurt (knee) or something and be short lived, I would definately move the top pick if I had it, or take jay williams over him....

·
Registered
231 Posts
heck no, I'd say more like 12.8 ppg 6.7 reb and 1.3 blocks in a 10 year career.

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
Yeah, not quite that high. I'd say more comparatively to Bradley's numbers depending on his durability. I can't see him banging bodies with the Shaqs, Oakleighs and Duncans of the world on a nightly basis with that frame of his.

Career stats of 11.5 ppg 7 rpg 3 bpg

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Yao Ming

Career (and I emphasize the "career) stats are more like:

16ppg, 12rpg, 4.5 bpg

His first few years he will struggle, but after that, he could (and I emphasize the "could") be a great player. :grinning:

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
20 PPG, 14 RPG, 3 BPG. You guys got to give that guy some credit, when was the last time a number one pick turned out to be bad.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I agree

with Rueben and Shaq... he will not average double figure rbs for his career. He will end up with good blocks, on height alone, and should average teens for scoring... but be realistic.... check last years stats and see how many players averaged double figure rbs for 1 year! let alone a career.

You might be surprised how few players average double figure rbs last season, same as double figure assists, and 20-10 players. I see so many people project players as 20+ppg, 10+ rbs pg.... check the stats guys... not many players can maintain that average for a season.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Originally posted by the_truth
20 PPG, 14 RPG, 3 BPG. You guys got to give that guy some credit, when was the last time a number one pick turned out to be bad.
Joe Smith rings a bell............and up until last year, Olowakandi

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
12pts 5reb 2.5blk,the guy is a Shawn Bradley Clone!:laugh:

Oh wait a sec I better mention that hes got stroke from outside or someone will FLIP-OUT!Just wait until he has to play in the paint with ballers like Shaq,Zo,Ducan,Malone,C-Webb,Sheed,
Dice or Wallace!All of those guys CAN and WILL knock the SH*T out of him!:yes:

Being 7'5 and LANKY in a Chinese league is one thing,but being 7'5 and LANKY in the NBA will only lead to 3 things,BAD knees,feet and ankles!:yes:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Yao Ming-led

Yeah, you're probably right. When Shaq's in the league he'll be Yao Ming-led. But, when Shaq retires (if he's still in the league) he will have a chance to be the "Ming Dynasty." I know you like my play on words, yeah.:cool:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I don't know why you guys are predicting the stats of a player that isn't even on a team yet. It seems a little too early for that, but hey, I'll throw my two cents in.

17 ppg 14 rpg 4 bpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts