Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
675 Posts
Yao is not better right now than David Robinson and Pat Ewing. And that you called ben wallace the second best center over Shaq is just silly. I agree that Yao is right now the best center in the NBA, but there are a grand total of two very good centers in the NBA right now. Yao and a fading Shaq, and to a lesser extent Ben Wallace. Compare that to all other eras when you had several star centers in the league at the same time. Yao is improving fast and will probably get to the next level. Just imagine if he had a competent organization and decent players around him.

·
Registered
311 Posts
You lost me somewhere in the middle of your post. There are a handful of other Yao threads; why not just post in there.

At this point, Yao is no where near being as dominant as the greats you mentioned. However, as it looks now, he seems to be the only big in the game, who has that potential.

·
kiss my grits
18,595 Posts
Hakeem Olajuwon said:
Your'e a moron. Yao is easily the most dominant/best player in the game today. In my honest opinion there has never been a time when the best player has been more dominant over the second best.

Yao is playing like the best center in the league right now. Might as well leave it at that.

·
kiss my grits
18,595 Posts
Cambridgeshire said:
Ok, that's going way to far, just shutup for ****sake. If you're a Rockets fan, just stop posting in this thread to save us face -let alone your own.

:clap:

·
Top Of The Pops
27,460 Posts
Hakeem Olajuwon said:
You've obviously never watched him play. He's more dominant right now then Shaq/Hakeem/David/Patrick EVER were.
Yao is currently more dominant that Ewing was, but there's no way I'd say he's a superior player to Ewing until he's done it for longer than a couple of months.

He's not as good as David Robinson was at his peak, on either side of the ball. Not to mention Shaq or Olajuwon.

Yes, I watched them all play. And I am a fan of Yao's.

·
Banned
62 Posts
Cambridgeshire said:
Ok, that's going way to far, just shutup for ****sake. If you're a Rockets fan, just stop posting in this thread to save us face -let alone your own.
<strike>Why don't YOU shut the **** up? You stupid cocksucking *****. You obviously don't know what you're talking about!!!</strike>

Not appropriate at all. Shape up or ship out.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Hakeem Olajuwon said:
Why don't YOU shut the **** up? You stupid cocksucking *****. You obviously don't know what you're talking about!!!
Whoa there. Where are the mods? This dude is obviously a newbie to these forums. If you don't watch out, you'll get banned. This is an orderly forum, unlike espn message boards.

·
Registered
7,407 Posts
Hakeem Olajuwon said:
Coming into tonights game he was avg. 27-14 on 69% from the floor. All he did tonight was score 38(14-21 fg, 10-10 line) and grab 10 boards to go along with 5 blocks and lead the Rockets to yet another win w/o Tracy McGrady. To make this even more impressive he was going up against undoubtedly the greatest defensive big man in the game today. I'd go as far as to say that never before in the history of the league has the best player been more dominant over the second best player.

hey im all for yao ming but which game are u talking about? the game tonight hasnt even started.

·
_(&#12484;)_&#3626;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3
27,987 Posts
Hakeem Olajuwon said:
I know I'm going to catch a lot of heat for this post because let's just face it, yao isn't popular and he never will be because he doesn't do the things that brings popularity but you have to give credit where credit is due.
Oh my God. "Yao's not popular and never will be." What a riot.

I could write a novel about fans of wildly popular players or teams insisting that their favorites are hated or loathed because it gives them a sort of pyschological edge or reassurance.

Turning your own personal Goliath into a David isn't an attractive argument at all.

·
_(&#12484;)_&#3626;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3
27,987 Posts
Hakeem Olajuwon said:
You've obviously never watched him play. He's more dominant right now then Shaq/Hakeem/David/Patrick EVER were.
Wow, and you're a Rocket fan. And Yao plays for the Rockets.

How coincidental.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.