Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think most NBA refs... would like players to...get to... 4 or 5 minutes left in the game... with about 3 to 5 fouls....

In Yao's case we have seen the extreme this year from no fouls to fouling out in 3 quarters....

I think alot of factors have played into the recent foul troubles...

Yao is not playing as aggressive as he was in that 3 week period....(before JVG called him out on his defense) is the biggest factor....

I think the turning point was the NJ game... where Yao had 20 FT attempts.... and had all three NJ bigs in foul trouble...
ill be the first to admit...some of those calls the refs coud have let go...(considering the beating Yao takes)

but im sure the ref's all looked at that tape... and said "thats shouldnt have been a foul, no call their would be better etc...

so then we went from Yao getting calls... to Yao getting fouled and no calls back to Yao getting BS calls...

IF I know anything... in life.... I know human nature

IF Yao gets called for a offensive foul he needs to go back down the court and do the same thing...vise versa on defense...if he gets called for a blocking foul... he needs to go and do the same thing the very next play....

IF Yao were to foul out the very first quarter every game what do you think people would say...how do you think the NBA would react to its star marketing player sitting on the bench 5 minutes into a game...

what do you think the Refs would do? thats right adjust...

the reason Shaq was so effective doing his bump and dunk years... was because he forced the refs to adjust to his style of play... or have him fouled out in the first 5 minutes of the game...

thus the excuse by the ref's Shaq was so hard to referee...

· Registered
1,258 Posts
marketgod said:
I think most NBA refs... would like players to...get to... 4 or 5 minutes left in the game... with about 3 to 5 fouls....

In Yao's case we have seen the extreme this year from no fouls to fouling out in 3 quarters....

I think alot of factors have played into the recent foul troubles...

Yao is not playing as aggressive as he was in that 3 week period....(before JVG called him out on his defense) is the biggest factor....

I think the turning point was the NJ game... where Yao had 20 FT attempts.... and had all three NJ bigs in foul trouble...
ill be the first to admit...some of those calls the refs coud have let go...(considering the beating Yao takes)

but im sure the ref's all looked at that tape... and said "thats shouldnt have been a foul, no call their would be better etc...

so then we went from Yao getting calls... to Yao getting fouled and no calls back to Yao getting BS calls...

IF I know anything... in life.... I know human nature

IF Yao gets called for a offensive foul he needs to go back down the court and do the same thing...vise versa on defense...if he gets called for a blocking foul... he needs to go and do the same thing the very next play....

IF Yao were to foul out the very first quarter every game what do you think people would say...how do you think the NBA would react to its star marketing player sitting on the bench 5 minutes into a game...

what do you think the Refs would do? thats right adjust...

the reason Shaq was so effective doing his bump and dunk years... was because he forced the refs to adjust to his style of play... or have him fouled out in the first 5 minutes of the game...

thus the excuse by the ref's Shaq was so hard to referee...
Very good point.

· Registered
1,126 Posts
"I was sliding to the post," Yao said. "They said my hand slapped his face. My arm didn't feel it hit anybody. Maybe they hit each other, both defenders doubling me. I didn't do anything there.

"I tried to throw a bounce pass to the referee, and they gave me the T. Maybe they think I didn't pass on target or something."

from the chronicle

dame refs.. if ny1 else passed that it woulda been fine.. *******s.. yao shulda jus biffed em

· Registered
1,126 Posts
ye i know i read that his tech fouls are like from touching the ref on the shoulder and stuff like that

maybe his height intimidates the refs

its ridiculous :curse:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.