Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
37 and 10 but here's my question. do those numbers count when you're playing the magic? just curious.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
He was selected as the recipient on Orlando's "Career Night" player of the week honor. Congrats to Yao.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Yao really needs to get more agressive on the boards. He should definately grab more than 10 rebounds going against Zaza Pachulia, Andrew Declerq, Juwon Howard, and Drew Gooden. He's got at least 6 inches on all of them.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KrispyKreme23</b>!
Yao really needs to get more agressive on the boards. He should definately grab more than 10 rebounds going against Zaza Pachulia, Andrew Declerq, Juwon Howard, and Drew Gooden. He's got at least 6 inches on all of them.
Besides only getting the 10 boards, he was pretty much dominant in that game. He did what he needed to do and won that game for Houston.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KrispyKreme23</b>!
ohh please, if you wanna get on yao for not grabbing more boards, thats one thing, but dont blame it on the height. Otherwise Okur should be getting more boards than ben wallace. Part of why yao didnt get more than 10 is cuz he has good rebounders around him in Cato, Jackson, taylor, and francis is very good rebounder for a guard. You stick Yao in place of garnett in Minn he'd be getting a lot more boards.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Big time game; throw it down big fella!

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
As an assist scientist, Mark Jackson plays 24 minutes and have 10 assts. He knows where and how t pass the ball.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
Tracy McGrady on Yao Ming: "Even Shaq can't stop him from getting position on the court. He's a beast."

I wonder what Shaq thinks about that... can't wait 'til Yao v.s Shaq III!!!!:starwars:

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Yao Mania</b>!
Tracy McGrady on Yao Ming: "Even Shaq can't stop him from getting position on the court. He's a beast."

I wonder what Shaq thinks about that... can't wait 'til Yao v.s Shaq III!!!!:starwars:
I think what Tmac meant to say was that Yao is 7-6 and it's hard for anyone to block that kind of height. :)

·
4,361 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rainman</b>!
37 and 10 but here's my question. do those numbers count when you're playing the magic? just curious.
I was about to start a thread to celebrate the career breakthrough game myself, but failed to notice the significance (or rather insignificance) of him doing it against the Magic. Taking that into consideration puts everything into perspective. Good job anyway, Yao.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I think what Tracy meant to say is that Shaq better get his fat injury prone rear in gear, or else people are going to be talking about a new number 1 center in the league.

YAOWZA.

And props to Mark Jackson. That was the perfect guy to get for this team. Hopefully Francis will learn a few things from Mark. The assist scientist.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Re: Re: yao's big night

Originally posted by <b>mysterio</b>!

I was about to start a thread to celebrate the career breakthrough game myself, but failed to notice the significance of him doing it against the Magic. Taking that into consideration puts everything into perspective. Good job anyway Yao.
enh. A big night is a big night. Yao should be doing this to more teams than just the magic. It's not like there's a dirth of big men who can guard him. I say celebrate. He did what he should do. Dominate. And lead his team to a win.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I was really impressed with Yao a couple games ago when the Rockets were on national TV.

I was really down on him for awhile because I thought they would have a really tough time changing his mentality as far as aggressiveness. But in the games they've shown recently, I've seen him rip rebounds away from people, dunk on people when its not necessary and still maintain his soft touch for a big guy. He makes some shots that will be impossible to guard for many years, I remember this shot he drained on JO it was like a step back where JO fouled him and he still swished it from midrange. Thats very impressive for a 7'6, 310 pound guy.

I hope he continues to progress in his power game, his finesse game needs no touch ups. Hes a great passer, great shooter, and understands the game. Rockets just need to keep progressing his power game.

He'll probably never be as dominant as a prime Shaq, but he is quickly closing the gap between him and the current Shaq for best center in the league. My only concern is that he doesnt ever stop playing, Rockets need to talk to the China team he plays on and let him rest a little during summers.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!
Thats very impressive for a 7'6, 310 pound guy.
According to my sources, therealdeal is telling me Yao is only 6'11. ;)

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: Re: yao's big night

Originally posted by <b>mysterio</b>!

I was about to start a thread to celebrate the career breakthrough game myself, but failed to notice the significance (or rather insignificance) of him doing it against the Magic. Taking that into consideration puts everything into perspective. Good job anyway, Yao.
i was just taking a little shot at the magic for all the bad moves management has made over the years, its not like they're the only team in the league that doesnt have anyone in the middle. props to yao, in about a year and half he has gone from a guy who is completely new to the nba game to arguably its best center.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts