Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
I agree. It doesn't get any sweeter beating the best team on the road, except if we win a championship!

·
Burned
18,770 Posts
Pistons should be glad they only lost by five.

I know there are no moral victories, but they have to feel good that they were able to hang with the Nets so long.

·
Registered
14,837 Posts
**** ESPN. THey can take this game and stick it. Through the first half of the season, they hated on the Nets so damn hard. Maybe they will open their eyes and ears now

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
I think UConn's loss today was still in the back of Rip's mind. Maybe it's why he struggled today. :whoknows:

·
Premium Member
7,222 Posts
ghoti said:
Pistons should be glad they only lost by five.

I know there are no moral victories, but they have to feel good that they were able to hang with the Nets so long.
The Pistons can thank Delk and McDyess without whom this would have been a blowout win for the Nets.

·
15 STRONG
27,437 Posts
just out of curiousity....

do you guys use Vince at the point alot? he had a good 5 minutes tonight in the late 3rd/early 4th range when he was running the point. you can put together one big lineup if he's capable of getting a decent production at the point. was it just a situational thing tonight, or has Frank done that all year?

·
Registered
10,131 Posts
Shaq_Diesel said:

do you guys use Vince at the point alot? he had a good 5 minutes tonight in the late 3rd/early 4th range when he was running the point. you can put together one big lineup if he's capable of getting a decent production at the point. was it just a situational thing tonight, or has Frank done that all year?
yeah, vince carter has played much time at the point in the past several weeks when jason kidd takes a seat. It helps tremendously in the second quarter to keep the offense flowing (Carters ball handling skills are quite good) and gives kidd necessary rest before the second half of games.

·
Nets Fan
10,424 Posts
Shaq_Diesel said:

Yes, but he does run it sometimes when Kidd is on the floor as well.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
That was a great win. I've always felt the nets matched up really well against Detroit. I think our perimeter players are better overall because they're more athletic and in general bigger. Prince might be taller than RJ but RJ is way better IMO, because Prince is in a supporting role while RJ has had a chance as a leading man. The disadvantage in the frontcourt has softened a bit with Nenad emerging and drawing the Wallaces out of the post to guard his shots, so that VC and RJ can take it to the hole. Nenad does a lot of good stuff for this team, I kno Collins does as well, but Nenad is as important on offense as Collins is on defense.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.