Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm NOT trying to find the official ALL-NBA / ALL-ABA / ALL-NBL 1st-Teams, 2nd-Teams & 3rd-Teams because I have that information. Instead, I'm trying to find the ACTUAL VOTES CAST for each player for several of the years prior to the (1981-)1982 season (I have all that info since that season).

I've been looking for this information for years. I've been given various hints; especially to look at TheSportingNews achive. But I went there and either couldn't find the info; or needed to be a member to access it.

Thanx in advance,
Pablo

·
Registered
726 Posts
I don't know if they still have it but I used to be able to look that up on Pro Basketball Reference. Google it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if they still have it but I used to be able to look that up on Pro Basketball Reference. Google it.
Thanx buduan,
The thing is, years ago I checked their site but found nothing. Then I wrote to them about it. I then researched elsewhere as much as I could. I then wrote to them again asking if they would want my results in a "Excel" type spreadsheet. They said yes (and that they might very well publish them). I sent them what I had. They thanked me. I haven't heard back since - but this is not a complaint - I've got nothing but praise for the work they do.

Yours Sincerely,
Pablo

P.S. I've spent many hours (google searches, other searches, visiting a ton of sites, writing to NBA writers and sites ...). The best "lead" I think I've gotten was to try TheSportingNews, it's been said repeatedly that each year they published the exact voting results (the detailed ones I'm looking for). But I'd never claim to have good-quality search skills on the net; and couldn't find them (if they are there and for free). I'm under the impression that if someone pays something then they can get access - but I don't have a spare cent.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts