Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Indiana is tied with Washington for the 5th playoff spot. If Indy ends up in 5th place, they will also have Jermaine O'Neal back. That coupled with the reality that Eddy Curry might not play another game this season is cause for concern. Not only that, there have been rumblings lately that David Stern should allow Ron Artest back on the team for the playoffs. The argument being that Artest has lost enough time, money, endorsements, etc... to be deemed adequately reprimanded for his criminal behavior.

Even with all that said, the one man that worries me most on that Indiana squad is "the one that got away". Stephen Jackson. The Bulls have had NO answer for him all season. Imagine if he was our starting 2 guard this season!

Who has the most favorable schedule from here on out between Ind and Wash?

·
Registered
514 Posts
No need to worry about Artest coming back. But Tinsley may also be back. Playing Indiana may not be fun with Jermaine and Jamal playing. One has to hope that their conditioning won't be good and/or their returns are wishful thinking.

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
I'd rather play Indiana then the Wizards. Obviously, the Pacers are fighting hard, and it will be Reggie Miller's last opportunity at any type of glory with his career ending this season, but again, I still feel strongly about their lack of talent and think we're the type of strong team that can boot them out.

The East is still weak enough for the Pacers to make a legit run, but nothing to scare me, personally. Our tough defense will threaten a sweep, I dare say.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
i have mixed feelings on this. skiles says we don't match up well with the wizards but indiana with JO and reggie making his last stand for some reason scares me more.

and as far as artest returning, no way says mr. stern. yesterday he did one of those chat things over @ espn and someone asked:

"Mr. Stern can Ron come out and play?"

"Yes. Next season."

so we won't see artest this season, you can count on that.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Not to be an arrogant fan at this point in the season, but if Curry and Chandler play I don't see either of those teams hanging with the Bulls over the course of a 7 game series.

Hell, even if its just Chandler I think the Bulls can beat either of those teams. In my opinion, neither one creates any more of an obstacle than the other. I'm just glad New Jersey can't slip into the 5th spot. :biggrin:

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
I'd rather play Washington for sure, but Indiana isn't much harder. Both would be hard fought playoff series that would likely go to 7 games, that I do know. Still, we're 2-1 against Indy this year and they are really overachieving right now. The Bulls just need to worry about keeping their home court advantage for the first round. Oh yeah, and get our players healthy as possible too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts