Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
D-Up--

• you only joined a couple days ago, yet are posting on a So-I-Married-An-Axe-Murderer rate. are you a wanderer from the ESPN board?

• what is your opinion on the utter havoc Damon Stoudamire's wretched performances, constant overdribbling and matador defense have had on this team? try to be even-handed.

• if you were to commit a Blazer-esque felony in the next six hours, which would it be?

• do you think we should've traded Bonzi Wells for Jerry Stackhouse a year ago?

Son of Bintim--

• i enjoyed talking to you briefly at the game about Randolph and was glad you seemed to listen to me when I told you to stop lurking and share some thoughts. what on earth made you listen to me? how come nobody else does?

*edited. can a mod please change the following post where I'm quoted on this one? thanks. tW.*

• you made off with some pretty sweet swag, not the least of which were Uncle Cliffy's autographed shoes. I've got a Damon Stoudamire beanbag doll with only a few nails driven through it. can we make a deal?

welcome aboard, both of you. hope you stick around.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Originally posted by <b>theWanker</b>!
D-Up--

• you only joined a couple days ago, yet are posting on a So-I-Married-An-Axe-Murderer rate. are you a wanderer from the ESPN board?

• what is your opinion on the utter havoc Damon Stoudamire's wretched performances, constant overdribbling and matador defense have had on this team? try to be even-handed.

• if you were to commit a Blazer-esque felony in the next six hours, which would it be?

Son of Bintim--

• i enjoyed talking to you briefly at the game about Randolph and was glad you seemed to listen to me when I told you to stop lurking and share some thoughts. what on earth made you listen to me? how come nobody else does?

• you realize that your initials are SOB. i know your pretty young and i'm probably a bad man for saying so, but I think that's pretty cool. certainly better than Blazer Outsider.

• you made off with some pretty sweet swag, not the least of which were Uncle Cliffy's autographed shoes. I've got a Damon Stoudamire beanbag doll with only a few nails driven through it. can we make a deal?

welcome aboard, both of you. hope you stick around.
SOB LOL:laugh:......... I listen to you because I know everybody now and I thought it would be cool to be a member....... And No to the last Question:laugh: .........

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: yo D-Up and Son of Bintim--welcome aboard

Originally posted by <b>Son of Bintim</b>!
And No to the last Question:laugh: .........
come on, man. you want to make a good impression on the board, don't you? everybody's doing it. [/peer pressure]

I'll tell you what, I can patch up the holes and after a little dry cleaning you'll never be able to tell somebody dragged it a quarter mile behind an Isuzu Rodeo.

and because you got me in the right mood, I might be able to chip in a really swell two-button mouse with a cheesy Blazer logo on it.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Re: Re: Re: yo D-Up and Son of Bintim--welcome aboard

come on, man. you want to make a good impression on the board, don't you? everybody's doing it. [/peer pressure]

I'll tell you what, I can patch up the holes and after a little dry cleaning you'll never be able to tell somebody dragged it a quarter mile behind an Isuzu Rodeo.

and because you got me in the right mood, I might be able to chip in a really swell two-button mouse with a cheesy Blazer logo on it.
It's a pretty good deal on your side........ but on mine, I would have to look at a mouse with 2 buttons........ it kind of reminds me of DAMON... No thanks

·
Registered
285 Posts
D-Up--

Thanks for the welcome.

How do I do the quote by quote thing?

1st part. Ripct is my brother-in-law. He told me the greatest Blazers fans are right here. I'm current unemploy so that explains the So-I-Married-An-Axe-Murderer rate I post lol. Yup. I used to visit the ESPN board regularly.

2nd part. I've grown. I'm a better man and a better Blazers fan now. I no longer am disgusted when Stoudamire is on the court. When he is on the court I'm thinking "only 2 more years, only two more years."

3rd part. It wouldn't be a felony if I don't get caught. But if I reveal it here... :no:

4th part. Dunno. Wells was a rising star. We could have gotten more than Stackhouse for Wells I think.

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do I do the quote by quote thing?
There's a "Quote" button above the field where you type. my technique is to click it, hit the space bar, hit enter, click it, hit the space bar, hit enter, etc, until you have a bunch of code written for you. then paste the text in there. when you are done Minstrelizing, repeat this technique over and over in the same thread until your adversaries are a quivering wreck. somewhere in there be sure to mention that Scottie Pippen was the greatest defender of all time.

1st part. Ripct is my brother-in-law. He told me the greatest Blazers fans are right here. I'm current unemploy so that explains the So-I-Married-An-Axe-Murderer rate I post lol. Yup. I used to visit the ESPN board regularly.
were you at the bash?

2nd part. I've grown. I'm a better man and a better Blazers fan now. I no longer am disgusted when Stoudamire is on the court. When he is on the court I'm thinking "only 2 more years, only two more years."
Ahh. the "Damon Stoudamire Thousand Yard Stare." I have heard talk of this thing, but it is something I have yet to achieve. I think every time I come close to enlightenment, I'm wrenched away by the sudden urge to shoot my television set.

3rd part. It wouldn't be a felony if I don't get caught. But if I reveal it here...
deny and evade. obviously watching the blazers is not without it's educational experiences.

4th part. Dunno. Wells was a rising star. We could have gotten more than Stackhouse for Wells I think.
it's a long-running joke about a long-running thread around here. sadly, it has run its course. I suppose there's always Miles for Stackhouse....

·
Registered
285 Posts

were you at the bash?
No, I wasn't at the bash. It's cool that you guys had a get together. I guess this community of Blazers fans are really close.

Ahh. the "Damon Stoudamire Thousand Yard Stare." I have heard talk of this thing, but it is something I have yet to achieve. I think every time I come close to enlightenment, I'm wrenched away by the sudden urge to shoot my television set.
Enlightenment is my only option. I have neither the bullets or the money to shoot my tv set ....... now.

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Originally posted by <b>D-Up</b>!
Cool. I got the quote by quote thing to work. Thanks.
Yeah, yeah....I've heard of a lot of Outlaws saying they're going to be good. ;)

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Welcome to both of you!

·
Registered
6,107 Posts

it's a long-running joke about a long-running thread around here. sadly, it has run its course.
Why couldn't we bring it back for old times sake?

I suppose there's always Miles for Stackhouse....
Great idea! Start the new thread! We could have two questions, how do you feel about the trade and how do you like it compared to Bonzi for Stackhouse?

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Welcome D-up, Son of Bintim and any more new Blazer fans out there!

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just want to post that I'm sorry about what I said above about Son of Bintim and the unfortunate joke I made. I thought it was funny at the time, but in retrospect it was in poor taste and probably should've been addressed via PM. (Somebody at some point was bound to point out his initials.)

I've deleted that section of my post. Hopefully a moderator can edit my comment out of the other posts where it's quoted.

Apparently, I've gotten him in some hot water with the powers that be at his home, and I honestly regret doing anything to create such a stir.

It's probably too late now, but I'd like to ask the people I've alarmed to look at the overall content and character of this board before making a quick judgment over one post. There are some great people who post on this thread, and aside from the occassional lapse in decision-making, I think it's a great environment for people of all ages to discuss all things Blazer.

Normally, I think this sort of thing is best left to PM, but I figure I might as well make it public to show that the regulars here generally hold themselves accountable to community standards.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
however, nobody can make me change my brainburger sandwich avatar.
Great. Your brainburger avatar got me in trouble, now. :(

Wanker, when will you learn that your actions have consequences. And sometimes...other people are the ones to pay them. :cry:

·
Registered
285 Posts
however, nobody can make me change my brainburger sandwich avatar.
Your avatar got me in trouble, too. I was watching the game and reading this board at the same time when I saw your avatar. Went out to KFC and got me two boxes of popcorn chickens. I'm trying to cut down on fat stuff.

They wouldn't happen to pay you for manipulating us junk food lovers?

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
anybody see the Simpson's Halloween where Homer is a zombie?

"Mmmmmmmmmmm. Braaaaaains."

1 - 20 of 25 Posts