Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
duke of new york, a#1
Joined
·
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...Bhatia recounted: "I called (Raptors coach) Sam Mitchell and I said, 'Sam, this is a major opportunity to help the team. We need a guy who can rebound, with a great work ethic. With Jamaal, we can maybe win 40 games this year and possibly get to the playoffs. Jamaal can save your job.'

"Sam agreed, and he said, 'Let's see what can be done. Tell Jamaal to keep asking for a trade.'

"Sam said he'd talk to (Raptors) management. And so Jamaal kept talking to New Orleans about a trade, thinking he would get to Toronto.

"A little while later, Jamaal found out other teams were trying to get him, so he told me to tell the Raptors they have to move quickly. I called Sam again. He didn't say much this time, and then it was too late. Jamaal was traded to Milwaukee.

"The whole request was made so that he could go to Toronto, but the Raptors made a half-hearted effort to get him, according to what Jamaal was told. He was so disappointed. The Raptors blew it, plain and simple."...
Marty York's Craport
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,324 Posts
If Nav Bhatia truly has Sam Mitchell's phone number and Sam talks to him about serious issues then this team is in an even bigger mess than I ever imagined.

Marty York and Nav Bhatia. Now there is a combo. A compulsive liar and a total suck-up jock sniffer wannabe celebrity. Where is Don King to round out this triumvirate of humanity at its most pathetic. There has to be a pay per view somewhere in all this. At least a movie of the week.

This would also be tampering on the part of Sam Mitchell and result in fines and possible penalties, including loss of draft picks. Now that would be the cherry on top, wouldn't it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,865 Posts
Oh piss off you Hyundai MOFO. You want to win 40 games get the hell back to your dealership. How the hell can you be such a hardcore fan when you don't even understand the process of rebuilding.

WTF does 40 wins get you other than maybe a brief playoff appearance.

woo-bleeping-hoo.

You know Hyundai's suck when Kanye puts you down in his song and when Superfan hands you the keys.

Moron.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,201 Posts
blowuptheraptors said:
Oh piss off you Hyundai MOFO. You want to win 40 games get the hell back to your dealership. How the hell can you be such a hardcore fan when you don't even understand the process of rebuilding.

WTF does 40 wins get you other than maybe a brief playoff appearance.

woo-bleeping-hoo.

You know Hyundai's suck when Kanye puts you down in his song and when Superfan hands you the keys.

Moron.
lol, funniest post i've read since i joined.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,215 Posts
blowuptheraptors said:
Oh piss off you Hyundai MOFO. You want to win 40 games get the hell back to your dealership. How the hell can you be such a hardcore fan when you don't even understand the process of rebuilding.

WTF does 40 wins get you other than maybe a brief playoff appearance.

woo-bleeping-hoo.

You know Hyundai's suck when Kanye puts you down in his song and when Superfan hands you the keys.

Moron.
WOW man you shouls calm down a little but. Superfan is just as advertised he is a passtionate Raptors fan who wants nothing more than to see the Rapors successed .

And you say "WTF" to 40 wins well thats a hell of alot better than what were heading for this year

-----
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,215 Posts
superdude211 said:
WOW man you shouls calm down a little but. Superfan is just as advertised he is a passtionate Raptors fan who wants nothing more than to see the Rapors successed .

And you say "WTF" to 40 wins well thats a hell of alot better than what were heading for this year

MORON
ummm...i dont think u no what ur talking about..i really dont...would u rather have many 40 win seasons ...and be stuck in mediocrity for another 7 years....or would u rather endure another 2 loosing seasons..after all that...we well be potential TITLE contenders for another who knows how long, seeing as our core will still be in there early 20's????? think about it before u start calling anobody a "moron"
 

·
duke of new york, a#1
Joined
·
16,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
superdude211 said:
WOW man you shouls calm down a little but. Superfan is just as advertised he is a passtionate Raptors fan who wants nothing more than to see the Rapors successed .

And you say "WTF" to 40 wins well thats a hell of alot better than what were heading for this year

-----
It's not like Nav's never benefitted from his support for the team.

He needs to stay the eff out of team affairs, like any fan should.

The whole "Vince want's a trade" tirade was annoying; this is way beyond that. He has no business talking to Mitchell about team affairs, if that's actually what happened. And with York's history who knows if it's true or not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
54 Posts
i agree with most of you here...bottom-line is f that mofo asswipe. I read the article yesterday and both the writer and "superfan" are morons simply because they want 40 wins this year and not thinking about the future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,215 Posts
adhir1 said:
ummm...i dont think u no what ur talking about..i really dont...would u rather have many 40 win seasons ...and be stuck in mediocrity for another 7 years....or would u rather endure another 2 loosing seasons..after all that...we well be potential TITLE contenders for another who knows how long, seeing as our core will still be in there early 20's????? think about it before u start calling anobody a "moron"
You know there are situations were its best to just not make a post when something this stupid is going to come from it, so mabey you should just try thinking before posting.

This has nothing to do with winning 40 games this season and then having a crappy future. If you read the original post you would realize that you make not sense at all. This has to do with trying to aquire Magloire this year and the fact that he gives us the ability to win 40 games this year.

Now i dont see how having Magloire on out team this year and winning 40 games automatically says that we will have a crappy future?

[strike]PS: who decided that the word moron should be taken out of my last post? guess i found the real moron there[/strike]

i decided it should be taken out because calling another poster a moron is against the rules of the site, and if you have an issue with that than i don't know what to tell you, other than it's an argument you won't win. speedy.
 

·
Chillin'
Joined
·
20,141 Posts
Superdude... do you think we have a better chance at getting the #1 pick with Magloire this year, or without? It's really that simple. This season does not MATTER in the long run.

That's why Superfan is getting so much flak here. Either way, it's probably a made up story to begin with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
superdude211 said:
WOW man you shouls calm down a little but. Superfan is just as advertised he is a passtionate Raptors fan who wants nothing more than to see the Rapors successed .

And you say "WTF" to 40 wins well thats a hell of alot better than what were heading for this year

-----
no, it's not. unless you're judging solely on number of wins.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,215 Posts
SkywalkerAC said:
no, it's not. unless you're judging solely on number of wins.

Why are people making posts like this its stupid and pointelss. If you had bothgerd to reaed each of the post made you would see thyart your not making any sence. I mean how does having Magloire on the Raptors hurt us in the future?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,876 Posts
superdude211 said:
Why are people making posts like this its stupid and pointelss. If you had bothgerd to reaed each of the post made you would see thyart your not making any sence. I mean how does having Magloire on the Raptors hurt us in the future?
I think it's you that needs to reread the posts above if you're not getting this argument. I understand that Magloire would make us a better team right now but is that the prime objective? Not for me, it's not.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,324 Posts
Its fairly simple how getting Mags today hurts us tomorrow.

We lose ALL our young talent on the wing. We potentially lose our first round pick this summer if we somehow squeak into the playoffs. We owe that to Charlotte. And with Jalen, EWill, Mags, Bosh, James, Calderon, Villy we would have a decent shot at making the playoffs. But no hope of winning a round.

But Jalen and EWill are not part of our future. So we lose a great pick this summer for nothing but a quick fix that won't last. And then we have gaping holes on our wings with no way to fill them. 40 wins this year with no help coming this summer. 40 wins next year. One mid-round pick that summer. Leaves us with a very mediocre team and a 30 year old Mags with no hope of becoming a true contender with him here. Bosh and Mags re-signing will take up all our cap room at that time too.

Mags is just not good enough, or young enough, to give up 2 nice wings plus a first.

Alternative is to keep Joey and MoP. Joey develops over next year. We get a high lotto pick this summer plus the Denver pick. We now have a balanced team of young talent at every position, except C most likely. Then we can trade for a Gadzuric, Mags, Nene type or wait to sign Mags as a FA in summer 2007. At that point Mags is surrounded by young talent at EVERY position and we have a chance at a high playoff seed and contending in the East.

That's a stronger future.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,215 Posts
But theres a point were you have to start winning games or your going to risk losing your young players becaue they have started to looses faith in the vision of the GM. I do realize that having Magloire right now will probably cost us a few spots in the draft, but i think it will really help out young players develope an attitude that this team has a future and we have the promise that we will be a very good team someday. Also what says that it 100% that Magloire will sign here in 2007 anyways? because he's canadian? hes going to look for the best situation for himself and if we keep loosing game he may pass on coming here
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,865 Posts
First, you guys gotta stop quoting superdude, 'cause I can see what he says that way.

Second, superdude, are you wondering why you are the only one here who wants to trade for Magloire?

I won't become like you, and resort to calling others on this board names.

Let's say we did the trade.

we get Magloire and squeeze somehow into 8th.

A) we give up either Graham or Denvers 1st to get him
B) we get knocked out 1st round and lose our pick to Charlotte

So we barely made the playoffs, get knocked out early, lose Joey or the Denver pick, lose our pick or at worst devalue it so that rather than picking 1 thru 4, we pick 15-16.

Or, we can suck now. Keep Joey or the Denver pick, keep our lotto protected pick and use it on a top rookie this June AND get Magloire in Free Agency in 2007 to add to all of those we kept plus Bosh and the rest, for NOTHING

But can't wait for all that to happen, you and Superfan, you want 40 wins this year.

:banana:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,215 Posts
blowuptheraptors said:
First, you guys gotta stop quoting superdude, 'cause I can see what he says that way.

Second, superdude, are you wondering why you are the only one here who wants to trade for Magloire?

I won't become like you, and resort to calling others on this board names.

Let's say we did the trade.

we get Magloire and squeeze somehow into 8th.

A) we give up either Graham or Denvers 1st to get him
B) we get knocked out 1st round and lose our pick to Charlotte

So we barely made the playoffs, get knocked out early, lose Joey or the Denver pick, lose our pick or at worst devalue it so that rather than picking 1 thru 4, we pick 15-16.

Or, we can suck now. Keep Joey or the Denver pick, keep our lotto protected pick and use it on a top rookie this June AND get Magloire in Free Agency in 2007 to add to all of those we kept plus Bosh and the rest, for NOTHING

But can't wait for all that to happen, you and Superfan, you want 40 wins this year.

:banana:
Ya i guess i can see your point now but there still is no guarantee that we will be able to get Magloire in 2007 and it will go along way in getting more players to respect the Raptors and want to come here if we show that were not going to be stuck winning 30-35 game forever.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top