Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"If you believe that your family knows how to spend your money better than the government does, then you are a Republican".

Arnold

"If you believe this country, not the United Nations, is the best hope of Democracy in the World, then you are a Republican".

Arnold

" The US economy is moving ahead in spite of a recession the Bush administration inherited and depite an attack on our Homeland"

Arnold

Arnold for President in 2008

"Don't be a economic girlie men"

·
Registered
6,847 Posts
I am gonna say it before someone else does....

Arnold cant run for president....he wasnt born in the US.....

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DaUnbreakableKinG</b>!

Can they change the rule??
They will make an exception since he is ARNOLD, the terminator. ;)

In seriousness I don't think that rule can be change, its set it stone.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
If he gets the chance to run for office, I guess I will be going to prison for attempted assassination.

Edit: I love Arnold, but that's not good for the country if they were to do that.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Forget Arnold. You want Vincent Gallo for president. He's a republican too.

""I came to New York to be a legend, and within five minutes of realizing I was an interesting kid and other people thought so, I had given myself a nervous breakdown. I was 26 years old before I knew what it was like to have an ordinary day.""

""I stopped painting in 1990 at the peak of my success just to deny people my beautiful paintings. And I did it out of spite."

"I'm the happiest the saddest guy in the world can be."

"I don't trust or love anyone. Because people are so creepy. Creepy creepy creeps. Creeping around. Creeping here and creeping there. Creeping everywhere. Crippity crappity creepies."

Vincent Gallo--He's the man for the Job in 2008 republicans. Wise up. Recognize.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
""I stopped painting in 1990 at the peak of my success just to deny people my beautiful paintings. And I did it out of spite."
Spite! Give him the nom.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
"Alright, Chloe. Here is how it is going to go. In this scene, you are going to go on your knees, and place your mouth around my beautiful greatest in the world penis. You will then suck it."

"You mean, just make believe I am, right?"

"No, you will really be giving me oral sex. Action!"

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
That rule, about Arnold not being able to become President because he was born in another country, could be changed but they would have to amend the Constitution to do so. However, that would be extremely difficult to get the states to pass. So...I don't think it's going to happen. I think we'll more likely see a female (President Hilary Clinton) or minority (President Barrack Obama) before we see that law changed.

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Perfection</b>!
I think we'll more likely see a female (President Hilary Clinton) or minority (President Barrack Obama) before we see that law changed.

Let's pray to God that Hilary isn't elected. I don't know much about Obama other than his ethnicity and he is running in Illinois, so I can't knack on him.

·
_(&#12484;)_&#3626;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3
28,008 Posts
Originally posted by <b>benfica</b>!
"If you believe that your family knows how to spend your money better than the government does, then you are a Republican".

Arnold

"If you believe this country, not the United Nations, is the best hope of Democracy in the World, then you are a Republican".

Arnold

" The US economy is moving ahead in spite of a recession the Bush administration inherited and depite an attack on our Homeland"

Arnold

I thought you said you were leaving and not coming back. Why haven't you stuck with that promise?

This just ruined my hour.

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
I believe that

Arnold

I am not sure on this one

Arnold

SPITE!! Arny in 2008!!!
Arnold

Never gonna happen

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Re: Re: You are a Republican

Originally posted by <b>Zach</b>!
I believe that
you don't have money to know how to spend on your family anyway. And this is one of the most empty, token republican comments ever made. It was exactly the same as when Dick Cheney said that GW Bush wouldn't ask permission to defend the country against an attack...when John Kerry said the exact same thing in his speech..only Cheney was trying to imply that Kerry, and therefore democrats, would only respond if the UN ok'd it.

Arnold

SPITE!! Arny in 2008!!!
Arnold would be a horrible choice for the republicans to have as their man in 2008, and anyone who thinks he'd be good, is in a dire need of an education.

Arnold is a characature of a candidate, and the only people like him in the republican party is because he's a republican.

Arnold

Never gonna happen
can someone explain to me what exactly an "economic girlie man" is? Is it someone who puts the US 500 billion over budget? Or is it someone who "lowers taxes" in the same method that Reagan did, thinking it might work this time (even tho it didn't work the *first time*)?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Arnold would be a horrible choice for the republicans to have as their man in 2008, and anyone who thinks he'd be good, is in a dire need of an education.

Arnold is a characature of a candidate, and the only people like him in the republican party is because he's a republican.
I dont think theres a chance hell run 08 but you chose some strong words there. Can you give a more detailed view?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Originally posted by <b>benfica</b>!
Actually, this should be restated.

"If you believe that you know how to spend your kids' money better than your kids do, then you are a Republican".

Republicans in the White House are no better than Democrats at controlling spending. But they are demonstrably worse at controlling deficit spending. Of the last 11 Administrations - 6 Republican and 5 Democrat, here are the rankings on budget deficits as a percentage of GDP in their last three years in office.

1. Clinton 2nd term (+0.2%)
2. Kennedy/Johnson (-0.9%)
3. Johnson (-1.7%) [during a war no less]
4. Nixon (-1.8%) [during a war no less]
5. Carter (-2.2%)
6. Nixon/Ford (-2.7%)
7. Clinton 1st term (-3.0%)
8. Reagan 2nd term (-4.3%)
9. Reagan 1st term (-4.8%)
10. George W. Bush (-4.8%)
11. George H.W. Bush (-5.2%)

The Republicans (and especially the Bushes and Reagans) have quite a record of spending their kids' money. Anyone under 30 should be preparing for very high taxes when they reach their 40s and 50s precisely because of the massive deficits piled up because of the Bush and Reagan administrations. All so Reagan and Bush could get re-elected. (George H.W. Bush tried to buck the pattern, but look what happened to him.)

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
Re: Re: Re: You are a Republican

you don't have money to know how to spend on your family anyway. And this is one of the most empty, token republican comments ever made. It was exactly the same as when Dick Cheney said that GW Bush wouldn't ask permission to defend the country against an attack...when John Kerry said the exact same thing in his speech..only Cheney was trying to imply that Kerry, and therefore democrats, would only respond if the UN ok'd it.

That's right, I know nothing about how tospend money on me/my family's needs better than the government does because of my age. :rolleyes:

SARCASM!! I know Arny wouldn't be a good choice.

can someone explain to me what exactly an "economic girlie man" is? Is it someone who puts the US 500 billion over budget? Or is it someone who "lowers taxes" in the same method that Reagan did, thinking it might work this time (even tho it didn't work the *first time*)?

None of the above. An 'Economic Girlie Man' is a Democrat.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>numlock</b>!

I dont think theres a chance hell run 08 but you chose some strong words there. Can you give a more detailed view?
lets see, he uses phrases from his movies, to make his points (and are often empty points) "Girlie man economics" What the **** does that mean?

he's a characature of a politician and a movie star.

What exactly has Arnold done in California to warrent even the contemplation of changing the constitution?

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: You are a Republican

Originally posted by <b>Zach</b>!

That's right, I know nothing about how tospend money on me/my family's needs better than the government does because of my age. :rolleyes:
actually, thats percisely why I said what I said. You're 16, you don't know how the government spends tax money, nor does it seem that you know that it was a republicans who have historically wasted more money (see: Reagan. See: Bush 1. See: Bush 2).

someone remind me who was the president who had gotten a surplus?

And this is another case of a token applause line done by a republican. What it's doing is implying that the democrats think they know better how to spend your money, and the republincans have exclusive right to knowing that we know how to spend our money better.

Thats an obvious "preaching to the choir" type statement, that really has no grounds for truth behind it.

If we know how to spend our money better, then how come the country is 500 billion over budget?

None of the above. An 'Economic Girlie Man' is a Democrat.
what exactly does that mean? How is a democrat a "girlie man" on economics?

Since a democrat is a "girlie man" on economics, please explain to me what that means?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Hap</b>!

lets see, he uses phrases from his movies, to make his points (and are often empty points) "Girlie man economics" What the **** does that mean?

he's a characature of a politician and a movie star.

What exactly has Arnold done in California to warrent even the contemplation of changing the constitution?
the phrases do nothing but for silly pep speeches like ther other week they obviously entertain a certain crowd. I havent seen alot of his speeches but there werent that many last week so maybes hes cutting back.

I dont know about california. Everything ive read suggests hes doing a better than average job and getting decent ratings

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>numlock</b>!

the phrases do nothing but for silly pep speeches like ther other week they obviously entertain a certain crowd. I havent seen alot of his speeches but there werent that many last week so maybes hes cutting back.

I dont know about california. Everything ive read suggests hes doing a better than average job and getting decent ratings
look at it this way, Obamas' speech was mile and miles and *MILES* better than Arnolds, and he didn't resort to calling people names, or sayings from movies.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts