Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
Re: Be gm for the year

I'd trade Justin Reed + cash for Tim Duncan.
Then I'd trade Dan Dickau + cash for Jason Kidd.

After that, I'd have to make some serious moves.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts

I would trade Doc Rivers, and 2 future 1st round picks for Rick Carlisle.
Trade accepted.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts

Trade Brian Scalabrine to the Suns for:

·
Registered
12,080 Posts

historyofthegame said:
Trade Brian Scalabrine to the Suns for:
Thats the type of deal that gets you Exec of the Year

·
Registered
1,865 Posts

aquaitious said:
We'd have to include an infite amount of 1st rounders to get the Gorilla.
We need to save those for the Rivers trade. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,662 Posts

I'd get rid of Scalabrine ANY WAY I had to and I'd get us a pure shooter like a Kyle Korver type, although Raef did a pretty good impression of that the other night so maybe we don't need one afterall. :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,300 Posts

The hate for Scabs continues. He sucks no question - but people are really pissed about him. I don't get it but whatever.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts

Me wants some Eddie Griffin (defense).

Dickau (after Dec. 15) and Tony Allen for Eddie Griffin and Ronald Dupree works.

·
**** the clippers
16,459 Posts

Aznboi812 said:
If u are the gm for the celtics what kind of trades would u do to make the team better and who would u draft
Trade Marcus Banks and Justin Reed for Sam Cassell, then trade next year's 1st rounder and Blount to Milwaukee for Joe Smith. 2 vets who don't need to be here long, just to give us help until the young but big guns are ready

·
Registered
16,817 Posts

TheBigDonut said:
Banks Reed and Blount then
Cassell is a valuable expiring contract and I doubt the Clippers would want Blount in their frontcourt only taking away minutes from Chris Kaman (and Elton Brand, of course). The Clippers are doing so well right now that Maggette is their sixth man. They wouldn't accept this trade.

·
**** the clippers
16,459 Posts
And The Light Bulb Clicks On

Just thought of 2 trades that (i think) would really help this team. The first LaFrentz for the Clippers Sam Cassell and Chris Wilcox, wilcox should be waived immediately after as he would be no use to us. The second, Mark Blount for Joe Smith. Both are quality NBA players with expiring contracts, which means we can bring them in at the deadline to help us get some extra zip for a playoff push, then when the season ends they are gone, leaving valuable free-agent money. Also trading Reaf and Mark would free up starting spots for Big Al and Perk the following year. Yes both are realGM checked. Uh-oh i didn't mention trading Scali here comes ehmunro to chop my head off. :mob:

·
Premium Member
3,442 Posts
Re: And The Light Bulb Clicks On

Not sure why would you want to trade Mark Blount.

Also, the Bucks would not do that trade. They have Gadzuric, Bogut and Magloire in the frontcourt so they don't have a need for Mark. Not to mention he's signed long-term while Joe is an expiring contract.

As for the first one, the Clippers are rebuilding. There's no way the Clippers will take a 30 year guy with shot knees and a huge contract.

·
Premium Member
26,979 Posts

The Clippers wouldn't do the deal because they're winning now, have Chris Kaman and Chris Kaman>>>>> Raef Lafrentz >>>>>>>>>>Kevin Pittsnoggle >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Veal Scalabrine.

They definitely need help at the 1, and I'm not sure where they're going to get it. Unless they can work a Dickau/Allen for Earl Watson trade.

·
**** the clippers
16,459 Posts

Lanteri said:
Not sure why would you want to trade Mark Blount.

Also, the Bucks would not do that trade. They have Gadzuric, Bogut and Magloire in the frontcourt so they don't have a need for Mark. Not to mention he's signed long-term while Joe is an expiring contract.

As for the first one, the Clippers are rebuilding. There's no way the Clippers will take a 30 year guy with shot knees and a huge contract.
It's big for big, and MIL would lose Joe in Free agency anyway. LaFrentz i think is recovered from that injury, plus another guy on the perimeter they can dish to. Stranger things have happened

1 - 20 of 20 Posts