Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe what I am reading on thos board lately. Antoine listen's to his coach and you whine about it plus your clueless to why everyone has been shooting so many three's lately and it just refuses to seep into your heads.

I am so right in my theory about Doc and Danny it is scary and your posts in the Detroit thread prove me right even more. I can't believe how easily minipulated you people all are by Danny Ainge. It is pathetic.

·
Registered
610 Posts
In Danny we believe.

PdP

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Malnutritious said:
We all have a right to our own stupid opinions don't we?

I didn't call anyones opinions stupid. I pointed out that Doc Rivers is the coach. Doc River's know's that you aren't going to win a game by posting up the Wallace shot blockers (even Pierce took jump shots) or Tyson Chandler or Shaq or anyone who blocks shots.

If Doc the coach has a problem with the way a player is playing doesn't common sense say he is willing to bench them if they are not listenining to him? Considering that Al Jefferson refuses to play defense and hasn't seen the court or that Pierce has been benched at least 10 times this season we know of.

There isn't one person on this board that can grasp the concept that Doc didn't want the team to post up because of the defense the otehr team played.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Steals4 said:
I didn't call anyones opinions stupid. I pointed out that Doc Rivers is the coach. Doc River's know's that you aren't going to win a game by posting up the Wallace shot blockers (even Pierce took jump shots) or Tyson Chandler or Shaq or anyone who blocks shots.

If Doc the coach has a problem with the way a player is playing doesn't common sense say he is willing to bench them if they are not listenining to him? Considering that Al Jefferson refuses to play defense and hasn't seen the court or that Pierce has been benched at least 10 times this season we know of.

There isn't one person on this board that can grasp the concept that Doc didn't want the team to post up because of the defense the otehr team played.

dont disrespect anyone on this board. no need at all. if you have a problem with what we post, put us on ignore, don't say we don't have a clue or cannot grasp things. you are not an almighty force that knows all.

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Richie Rich said:
dont disrespect anyone on this board. no need at all. if you have a problem with what we post, put us on ignore, don't say we don't have a clue or cannot grasp things. you are not an almighty force that knows all.

Maybe you should take your own advice. If you don't like a thread then don't read it.

If people can't grasp the easiest concepts of playing a team like Detroit vs playing a team like NO then they should not be posting on basketball message boards.

·
Banned
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have faced 3 of the top 14 shot blockers per game over the last week and a half. I am not surprised that Doc doesn't have Antoine posting up as much as he had them the first few games.

Antoine tends to be the reason we lose according the haters. They blamed him when he wasn't playing here so I am not surprised after a losing streak that he is once again getting the brunt of it.
If Antoine had not hit those two shots that propelled us to overtime against Detroit we would have lost that game in the forth quarter. A little known stat people tend to ignore.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Who is blaming Antoine for the loss?

If anything, we wouldn't have been in overtime except for his two plays at the end of regulation.

His celebrating and not getting back on D cost us more than the 6 bricks from 3 pt. line.

Antoine is not the reason we lost, but, the three pointer appears to be in his blood. If he cannot shake this infatuation with a shot that he is a 30% shooter at, then he is headed back out of town, that's all we are saying.

As good of a passer, offensive rebounder and post player as he is, he could be an all-star again if he dedicated himself to post play, finishing easy layups and shooting free throws. We would improve as a team by 30% or more. Let Raef shoot the threes, Antoine. He can make them.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Steals4 said:
Maybe you should take your own advice. If you don't like a thread then don't read it.

no no you dont just come here and b/c you have a differing opinion sey we are the ones taht are wrong and cannot grasp. this board is of extreme quality and i recommend you get off your high horse and stop taking shots at ppl. b/c you dont agree. most of us learned that a while ago, disagreements are part of this, taking shots at ppl. seying they are clueless or inapt to grasp something is another story and isn't tolerated.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Re: Who is blaming Antoine for the loss?

Truth34 said:
If anything, we wouldn't have been in overtime except for his two plays at the end of regulation.

His celebrating and not getting back on D cost us more than the 6 bricks from 3 pt. line.

Antoine is not the reason we lost, but, the three pointer appears to be in his blood. If he cannot shake this infatuation with a shot that he is a 30% shooter at, then he is headed back out of town, that's all we are saying.

As good of a passer, offensive rebounder and post player as he is, he could be an all-star again if he dedicated himself to post play, finishing easy layups and shooting free throws. We would improve as a team by 30% or more. Let Raef shoot the threes, Antoine. He can make them.
I am not sure what game you were watching but Antoine always got back on defense. After he hit the first shot he was walking backwords and turning around at the same time ahead of everyone else on the Celtics. Same with the free throw after the second shot.

I believe the point of this thread was that the coach makes the final decisions. If Antoine is doing what his coach tell's him then he did the right thing. He only has to answer to Doc. Your opinion of what he should be doing is moot on the subject. This is why I never got the people who harped on the 2001-2003 team for shooting the 3 ball. It was what the coach wanted.
You can't take a ball into the post and try and post up Ben Wallace. If you do that you get your shot blocked.

Richie Rich, could you please stop telling everyone what they can post. It should be common sense for basketball fans to know that you do not post up a player like Ben Wallace or Rasheed Wallace in a situation like that.
I don't know everything about basketball but I can see why steals in getting mad at the whole situation. The same people seem to go overboard on blaming Antoine and there comes a time when the Celtics fans need to take a stand against the bias.

·
Registered
14,348 Posts

Come on guys, you are posting good stuff but you need to stick to basketball.

Also, please try to respect each others opinions even if you don't agree with them.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,849 Posts

Anima said:
Come on guys, you are posting good stuff but you need to stick to basketball.

Also, please try to respect each others opinions even if you don't agree with them.

Thank you.

Thank You Anima, finally.

·
The Bilson = Jayhawk Love
6,884 Posts

Richie Rich said:
Thank You Anima, finally.
I'm not a coach in basketball but I play one on BB.net

we can disagree it's a free country, sometimes people do things that we don't like. We are allowed to say that Doc does bad things during the games sometimes.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Steals4 said:
Doc Rivers is the coach.

Really? :whofarted

^^^Thanks for pointing out the ovious....

Also no one is really complaining about Rivers, they just are getting frustraded about losing games we SHOULD win, this board is like a punching bag...its a place to get out your anger :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,849 Posts

KJay said:

we can disagree it's a free country, sometimes people do things that we don't like. We are allowed to say that Doc does bad things during the games sometimes.

o i agree, but some ppl. start to disrespect others and i will not tolerate that

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Steals4 said:
Richie Rich said:

If people can't grasp the easiest concepts of playing a team like Detroit vs playing a team like NO then they should not be posting on basketball message boards.
Actually as a formerly / still 'Banned Member', you have no right to post here...

-Petey

·
Registered
13,107 Posts

KJay said:
That would be a great motto for bbb.net.

"I'm not a basketball coach, but I play one at bbb.net"

Catchy.

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts

Richie Rich said:
o i agree, but some ppl. start to disrespect others and i will not tolerate that
Responding to disrespect with disrespect solves nothing. Keep that in mind.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
i love tha knowledge of which u speak...ghandi is tha man dont disrespect his belifes and love 1 anuh but not in dat way :clap: :banana: :cheers:

thats a big reason i like dis site not 2 much fighting crap on it

·
Registered
610 Posts
Petey or a Mod..
I think this thread would be better off locked.

PdP

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.