Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this snippet

"This (Thursday) morning I heard in a usual Krause segment on radio 670, that the hosts mentioned a "Tribune" (?) - I could not find any reference - of a note, allegedly from the day before, i.e. Wednesday, that J. Williams said that "he and GM John Paxon are very much confident that he will be in the Bulls uniform next season". The hosts asked Krause to comment on "a sudden change in beliefs where people were very sceptical and pessimistic" to being very much confident. Krause's response was that it seems that the injury is not as severe as it weas thought and that the turning point was when it became clear thar the second / the third (he was jumping between the two numbers) operation on Jay's knee was not rerquired. he also made a couple of ususal compliments about Jay's will.

The most amazing part is that i cannot find any mention of such quote in any of the newspapers, and would've taken it for a cannard if not for a lengthy discussion where both Krause and the hosts, who tend to confuse things, were involved.

Does anybody know what they were talking about?"

Kirk Hinrich, Jay Will, and Brunson is really good depth for PG next yr. This means Jamal is expendable and we can hopefully get rid of one our other bigger contracts like AD or JYD or E-ROB.

I really think we should target Dallas

What about Jamal/AD/Fizer/and our #1 for Finley/Walker??? Could that work? I know Pax likes Walker and he does look nice and trim.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Krause wouldnt make it up on 670! This is great news for us. Even if Jay is a step slower, he is still very very bright. He would settle into even more of a pass distruibtor role. I could see Kirk and Jay sharing atleast 20 assists a night if Tyson and Eddy ever pan out.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I don't think JWill's return would make Crawford expendable. Paxson would not be interested in a starting lineup comprised of two relatively "short" guards that would be on the floor on a somewhat regular basis. We've already seen Hinrich have trouble effectively defending some 6'5" or taller SG's (think Eddie Jones as the most recent example). Williams and Hinrich as a starting guard combination would cause all sorts of problems defensively.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
with the talk of dealing JC heating up, could a secondary reason for it be that Pax knows that Jwill might be better off then once thought? They were supposedly minutes away from a buyout and then Jwill say Dr Andrews in Alabama, and nothing has changed. pax was outspoken before the doctors visit but has no been mum. I wouldnt be least bit surprised if he is gaging interest in JC knowing that Jwill might be back in a years time.

Lets start the Jwill vs Kirk vs Crawford debates now! :)

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!
with the talk of dealing JC heating up, could a secondary reason for it be that Pax knows that Jwill might be better off then once thought? They were supposedly minutes away from a buyout and then Jwill say Dr Andrews in Alabama, and nothing has changed. pax was outspoken before the doctors visit but has no been mum. I wouldnt be least bit surprised if he is gaging interest in JC knowing that Jwill might be back in a years time.

Lets start the Jwill vs Kirk vs Crawford debates now! :)
HAHA. Let's hope not. The servers might crash :D

Man, this Dr. James Andrews cat is just everywhere. He seems to handle every knee problem in the NBA, shoulder issue in MLB, and assorted injuries in the NFL. Bank.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>superdave</b>!

HAHA. Let's hope not. The servers might crash :D

Man, this Dr. James Andrews cat is just everywhere. He seems to handle every knee problem in the NBA, shoulder issue in MLB, and assorted injuries in the NFL. Bank.
Dave, I shouldnt have started that debate :)

Dr Andrews is the number one sports doctor in the country. But I read somewhere with the scam at Healthsouth, he might be having financial problems. He was a director there. But he pretty much does all the major sports operations nationwide

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
I'm very happy to hear this for Jay's sake. Whether he plays or not is secondary. It's simply great news to hear that he odds are strongly in his favor that he will be able to walk and move unaided. Way to go Jay.

But for the record, I don't think would be much of a debate if he indeed returns. Not since Brand has a rookie come in and said and done all the right things like Kirk has. He's our PG.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I want to know what Kevin Bradbury has to say about this

And for the record ..

And Crawford's height and wingspan means dick - we still get lubed and poked on the perimeter every night

Jay could work as a 3rd guard in the rotation .. in a Bobby Jackson type role where he could play against 2nd units and tiring first units

Think a forward line of a maturing Chandler and a medicated Artest backed by hustlers JYD and Dupree ( if he panned out )

Curry at the back ( OK that hurts ) backed by the very capable post defense of Corie Blount

Put Retro out of his misery and resign Trent Bustell at the end of the year if Dupes Dupree doesn't work out

In the meantime trade for Tim Thomas and Erick Strickland with Fizer and ERob as your chips ... which is a cap room deal for the Bucks which makes them a serious free agent player the summer after this one

AD and Jamal would be dealt for Eddie Jones and Ron Artest ( via Caron Butler and a lottery protected pick going to Indiana for Ronnie coming back to Chicago )

If only I were GM

;)

Curry
Chandler
Artest
Jones
Hinrich

bench

Blount
Jerome Williams
Thomas
Pippen