Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, but I remember all the Bulls fans saying how Walker sucked and they did not want him, blah blah blah

we gave him away for peanuts, you guys are definitely eating crow now seeing your record......he would be a HUGE addition to your team

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts
Have a fun time with your Celtics!

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I heard back at that time that Ainge wanted Jay Williams (And Draft pick, I believe) for Antoine Walker, and I wouldnt have done that trade.
Good trade for you guys, Pierce and Peanuts are a good combo.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PatBateman</b>!
Sorry, but I remember all the Bulls fans saying how Walker sucked and they did not want him, blah blah blah

we gave him away for peanuts, you guys are definitely eating crow now seeing your record......he would be a HUGE addition to your team
Hey, I never said I wouldn't like Walker here, I wouldn't have mind that at all.

Anyways, did you just run out of things to talk about wherever you came from, and decide to come talk about that?
Kind of out of no where, isnt this?

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
The Celtics are horrible and Danny Ainge is the worst thing to happen to your team since Rick Pitino.

Chris Mihm has a large future in the franchise. Raef LaFrentz is a lot closer to Danny Ferry than Dirk Nowitzki. Outside of Pierce, you have the worst talent in the entire league. Ricky Davis and Paul Pierce cannot be on the floor at the same time without Davis becoming wildly ineffective. Because Pierce is a big game-time player, the C's will remain afloat but there's not much more that the Truth can do.

Seriously. The Bulls may hold the worst record in the league but we're still developing our players, supposedly. The C's can't even make that excuse.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Well if you ask many Celtics fans on their boards Pierce isn't a big game player and is the biggest reason why the Celtics aren't as good as they have been in the past. A few fans even say if you trade Pierce, it will actually make the Celtics BETTER. Yeah that sounds like a good plan, trade your franchise player, a multiple time All-Star, and let a bunch of rookies and rejects run the show. Don't mind some Celtics fans they don't know what they're talking about sometimes. It doesn't apply to all of them though, as some are very knowledgeable, while some are just plain ignorant.

·
Registered
8,045 Posts
A lot of Celtics fans believe they'd be better off without Pierce, and that Marcus Banks is the best or second best rookie point guard in the draft...THIS YEAR.

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
if the Celtics brass felt the same way, I can think of at least one team that could really use an offensive threat at the 2/3 who can hit the 3 and plays good defense. :yes: What do they want for Pierce? AD and filler? :D

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
danny ainge = the new jerry krause

that team sucks! but, like jerry, he has a vision:laugh:

·
Registered
2,820 Posts

Hey everyone meet DaBullz's lovechild from beantown

Like Father Like Son

I would still rather slam my nuts in a drawer than have had Shimmy Fatz on our team

On a team like Dallas he's mildy effective .. on a mediocre n'er do well team like the Celtics.. he was irritating and so they ran him out of town and hey we had our Toine and his name was Jalen

But on a team like the Bulls ... he'd blow more than the Winter Chillies howling in off Lake Michigan and off the Atlantic through Beantown combined

Basketball Siberia ....

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts

I love how you twisted the fact that your edited- no masking GM gave away an all-star for peanuts into a slam on OUR team.:laugh:

Yes our team is edited up. But your team is fast coming down to our level. At least we are rebuilding off of 6 titles. You guys are rebuildling off of a mediocre eastern conference "power".

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
To the Celtics fans who want to trade Pierce, I'd take him any day of the week. He is struggling because the players around him.

Ainge has really stuffed up the Celtics. Walker for LaFrentz. Man that's bad. Then trade for a headcase like Ricky Davis.

Even though the Bulls are last, they can only go up, even if it takes another 6 years to get off the bottom.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts