Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else wanna see Shaq retire so we all can see how good Kobe really is? I mean, everywhere I go I see this "T-Macs Better" or "Kobes better cause he gots the rings" crap. But you all have to admit Kobe having Shaq does give him an advantage over T-Mac. I just wanna see if Kobe's the real deal, be a team leader like Jordan was, and if Shaq truly does make Kobe look better than he really is the same way people say he made Penny look better than he actually was. The only way this can happen is if Kobe goes elsewhere (not happening, DUH!) or if Shaq retires. So everyone, send Shaq letter/email and ASK HIM TO RETIRE NOW!
p.s., Shaq retiring sure would make the NBA Finals a lot funner too.

·
Premium Member
6,937 Posts
Originally posted by I Hate You
Does anyone else wanna see Shaq retire so we all can see how good Kobe really is?
Nope. I already know how good he is. The fools who say he's only good because of shaq, obviously don't watch all 82 games in the season and must have missed the playoffs.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Shaq was a scoring machine when he was back with the Magic. But there were a lot of times Penny told Shaq what to do during games and especially in the playoffs. Penny often using his fingers to show direction when Shaq was double teamed, Shaq wasn't a good passer back then. He often got caught in the air when he was double teamed should he passed the ball or not.

Penny lead his team to the NBA finals in 95.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Hell no, I actually enjoy watching Shaq more than I enjoy watching Kobe. And I'm a Laker fan first, I want to see the team win.

Those people that can't tell how good Kobe is because he plays with Shaq have a low basketball IQ. Some people would actually think Kobe would be better basketball player if he played without Shaq and lost in the first round every year. :laugh:

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by I Hate You
Does anyone else wanna see Shaq retire so we all can see how good Kobe really is? I mean, everywhere I go I see this "T-Macs Better" or "Kobes better cause he gots the rings" crap. But you all have to admit Kobe having Shaq does give him an advantage over T-Mac. I just wanna see if Kobe's the real deal, be a team leader like Jordan was, and if Shaq truly does make Kobe look better than he really is the same way people say he made Penny look better than he actually was. The only way this can happen is if Kobe goes elsewhere (not happening, DUH!) or if Shaq retires. So everyone, send Shaq letter/email and ASK HIM TO RETIRE NOW!
p.s., Shaq retiring sure would make the NBA Finals a lot funner too.
Is that you or someone being an imposter. Anyway Kobe is nice but I think T-MAC's a lil better. If that is you we need more people over here on this site.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Re: Re: You MUST Read This!

Originally posted by naesdj

Nope. I already know how good he is. The fools who say he's only good because of shaq, obviously don't watch all 82 games in the season and must have missed the playoffs.
Ditto for me

·
Registered
283 Posts
You could want shaq to retire but it wont happen.Atleast for like 4 more years if he stays healthy and fixes that dam toe.People already know how good kobe is.Why else would GMs and coaches and players rank him the number 2 best player in the league.
Kobe one day will have a chance to show everyone what hes made of.
"Theres nothing that kid cant do"-Shaq

KOBE needs Shaq and Shaq needs KOBE to win titles.Tracy mgrady wouldnt click,paul peirce etc.Just NUMBER 8!!!!!!End of story

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
As a Laker fan, why the hell would I want Shaq to retire. I might aswell want to fall down a pit full of spikes.;)

Shaq and Kobe are a duo, they don't go solo, they are a duo. Kobe is great, if you can't see that, you're blind.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Those people that can't tell how good Kobe is because he plays with Shaq have a low basketball IQ.
I agree. And no, I love Kobe but I wouldn't want to see Shaq retire. I like watching them play together, the more stars in the game, the better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts