Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who are the three most powerful teams comming into this season?

• L.A. Lakers

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • Sacremento Kings

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • San Antonio Spurs

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Dallas Mavericks

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • New Jersey Nets

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Boston Celtics

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New Orleans Hornets

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Detroit Pistons

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Toronto Raptors

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Other

Votes: 1 3.2%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vote for who you believe are the three most powerful teams comming into this season!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Kings, Spurs, Mavs—only because Shaq's out coming into the season.

Without him, the Lakers are down with the Magic and Sixers and Wolves of last year—one great player and a bunch of roster-filling prospects and one-dimensional "role players," not much of a team.

When he's back, they're tied for first with the Kings—way ahead of the rest, really only playing against each other—and the Mavs are probably out.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
1. LAL
1a. SAC
1b. SAS

I really think all three of these teams are neck and neck. The Mavericks would come 4th and the Nets 5th, in my opinion.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I guess it depends on how you look at the question. If you are looking at the Lakers as being without Shaq, then there's no way they belong there, but if you are thinking about the season as a whole then you have to include them. I put the Lakers but then realized that their record will probably be less than stellar for the first few months, which would drag them down in, say, weekly power polls, so I guess my three would be

1. S.A.
2. Sac- without Bibby
3. Dallas

·
Registered
973 Posts
they almost made it last year... but then MJ got injured and we were knocked out...

but now we have improved our lineup significantly, and have boosted our bench's depth...

So i think we'll be better than last year, and we will reach the playoffs.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Well, with that much competition in the east, i doubt the wizards can make the playoffs. Look at all the possible playoff teams in the east: nets, celtics, pistons, hornets, pacers, magic, raptors, bucks, 76ers, heat, hawks, knicks. Now tell me where wizards fit? o_0 Maybe between 76ers and heat?

My top three would be Lakers, Kings, and Mavs/Spurs.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Lakers - Shaq & Kobe
Kings - everybody's back plus Keon Clark
Mavs - fast paced, everybody's back maybe add Michael Redd
Spurs - when you have Tim Duncan you're set for the playoffs

Nets- no go-to guy, but great team
Hornets- Baron's year

1 - 11 of 11 Posts