Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Shalrie Joseph, Edgar Davids, Claude Makelele. I like defensive midfielders a bit.

Sharlie is my favorite because he plays for the Revolution and he's very strong and smart and dedicated to creating offense as well as playing strong defense. I like Davids for his look and playing style. Davids put together the most impressive athletic feat I've ever seen live when he was playing a friendly Juventus (against Barcelona in Foxboro, MA) when he got the ball near the half line and dribble around four guys into the box, then dribbled through three more before firing a perfect cross to David Trezeguet. I like Makelele because he is the best at what he does.

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Karimi, Ronadinho, Zidane

Ronaldo - He's my my all-time favorite player because he's a good role model and is a great player. The best player i've seen touch football. I like how he makes defenders look silly everytime he has the ball especially the pre-injury Ronaldo...i've got to know him when i was 8 years old, and from there till now he is my #1 favorite player. Even when he missed 3 years of football because of that ugly injury and all the Doctors/media have said that he will never play again, i still supported him and knew that he'll back and become the World best player again. Which he had done in 02 when he returned from injury, tied Pele's scoring record, won the WC with Brazil and WPOY.

Rivaldo - I like him because he was magic when on top form...Rivaldo 1999 was just a sick player, the way he used to take over games was remarakable considering that he's a MF, but he used to score plenty of goals when his team needs him the most. I remember he scored a phenomenal goal that will remain in my mind for a long time, where he chested the ball down against Valencia i believe, and double/flick kick it (whatever you call that lol)...it's one of the greatest goals in football history.

Ronaldinho! 1 word - Magic.

Zidane - Even though i hated him for that two headers againt Brazil in WC 98 finale, but still this man is a genius with the ball on his feet, he's joy to watch same as Ronaldinho.

Ali Karimi - Personally, the best player i've seen to come out of Asia period...there is a reason why some people call him "Asian Mardona" not that he's Maradona because he's not even close to that level, but because he has the best skills of any player that come out of Asia and is the most talented IMO.

Honorable Mentions: Robinho, Rooney, Raul, Alex, Juninho.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Freddy Adu - because he is the only players name I know and he plays for Team USA.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
Come on. I'm sure you don't know Ronaldo, Zidane, Ronaldinho and Becks.
I have seen the Ronaldinho avatar on AirFly but the other 3 names draw blanks. lol I couldn't tell you what side of the world any of them play on. I do know Freddy though and have seen him play on ESPN

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kamego said:
I have seen the Ronaldinho avatar on AirFly but the other 3 names draw blanks. lol I couldn't tell you what side of the world any of them play on. I do know Freddy though and have seen him play on ESPN
What a shame. I'll be forcing you to watch the World Cup this summer.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
What a shame. I'll be forcing you to watch the World Cup this summer.
As long as I have a country to root for thats no problem. Its a lot easier for me to root for a country I know about rather then a team I am clueless about.

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
Turkish Delight said:
Come on. I'm sure you don't know Ronaldo, Zidane, Ronaldinho and Becks.
forgive the dude, he's a hockey mod for god sake. :laugh: :biggrin:

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Air Fly said:
forgive the dude, he's a hockey mod for god sake. :laugh: :biggrin:
To make it worse I am a hockey mod from America lol

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
kamego said:
To make it worse I am a hockey mod from America lol
True no all American know that much about soccer or at least they don't pay attention to it cuz of the many sports they have (hockey, football, swimming etc)..

funny story, they asked the "pope" if he knows Pele and he replied back and said "NO". :laugh:

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Ryan Giggs, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Rooney.

Giggs - wizard with the ball. speed plus trickery leaves many in his dust trail.

Lampard - chance creator, goal scorer. enough said. love his game

Gerrard - love his strikes, his timely rescues for Liverpool, his passing, especially his passing, since i'm a JKidd kind of guy. :D :D

Rooney - i've never seen a youngster so talented. and he has my kind of temper to boot. :dead:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Paolo Di Canio
Roberto Baggio
Lorenzo Amoruso
Dejan "Rambo" Petkovic
Dragan "Pixy" Stojkovic

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Wayne Rooney. Eric Cantona was one of my all-time favorites, and Rooney has that ******* son of a ***** ******* in him. I love his fire. His dad was a boxer, and you can see it. Rooney has an excess of heart and passion. Plus, the shots he shoots are other-wordly, and his touch on the ball is suprisingly soft and deft. And he gets back on defense and knows how to tackle. He's a player who is comfortable anywhere he is at on the pitch.

Michael Ballack. This one is less explainable. I like his germanness, and creative touch. I like when he asserts himself. He's also very powerful like Rooney.

DeMarcus Beasley. He's completely kamikazee out there, and so so fast.

Freddy Adu. I like his passing and dribbling skills. I wish he had a more powerful shot, and could hold his spot on the field a little better.

Zidane-He's a maestro.

Ibrahimovic-So graceful for a player his size. I think he has an amazing touch. He can beat you with the dribble, with the pass, the shot, in the air. Very cool player.

Gerrard-There's something vaguely Gascoigne about him, in terms of the magic he can make on the pitch. It's like I think Lampard might be technically better, but Gerrard kind of can bring the most out of his team--can inspire impossible moments from his team.

Essien-Another powerful midfielder who can run all day. He's going to be a great one.

Shaun Wright Phillips-Just a joy to watch him run through defenses. I wish he wasn't wasted on Chelsea. He should be playing everyday the full 90.

I also like Kaka and Pirlo.

·
Banned
480 Posts
WhoRocks said:
Ledley King - Tottenham's club captain, longest-serving player and all-around nice guy. He also fights fires and delivers babies in his spare time.
yeah bwoy........deadly ledley is the shiz

watch out for aaron lennon too,he`s gonna be a superstar

give me some rep homeboy,us spurs men gotta keep it together

·
Registered
312 Posts
One of the more underrated players of his generation: Dennis Bergkamp.

He has his own dvd which has his first 100 goals with Arsenal on it. Some beauties.. I don't think anyone can have a nicer collection than that.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts